Chapter 12-Harsh and Unkown

I know it sucks and I'm sorry but I was trying to distract myself so I started writing and wrote all of this. I hadn't even started writing this chapter until today. I hope you don't want to tie me up and throw me in the ocean for making you wait so long for an update and then giving you a short shitty chapter, but I understand fully if you do because I would too. <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien’s POV

                ‘Damien?’ I heard Jeremy’s hesitant voice in my head and sent him a quick glance to show that I’m listening. ‘I think we need to take a little break. We’ve been running for a long time and so has Cassie. She’ll need to rest more often than we do so we have that in our favor. If we keep running much longer we’ll have to stop later and rest longer.’ I took a deep breath and sighed, nodding and slowing to a stop. Cassie’s sweet scent is still in the air and my wolf and I are going crazy, wanting to hold her in our arms and never let her go.

                I don’t understand how she could think all of that about herself. She’s beautiful inside and out but she doesn’t see that. If only she were here so I could make her understand. But no, she’s running away from me and the pack because she thinks she isn’t good enough to be my mate or the Luna. When I catch her I’m going to carry her all the way back to the pack house if I have to. Then I’m going to keep her in our room with me until she knows how amazing she is and fully understands the fact that she is mine, and mine only.

                The rest of them stopped too and we all trotted over to the creek, taking in big gulps of water and letting our hearts slow. After we were refreshed, they curled up to rest and take little naps. I stood there for a while, tempted to run off and find her now. I know Jeremy is right though so I can’t do that. I need to regain my energy so we won’t have to stop for a while. If I’m weak when we find her and she’s in trouble I won’t be able to protect her, and I refuse to let that happen just because I let my stubbornness get in the way of reason.

                So, as much as I hated to do so, I curled up under a tree and let my eyes drift shut as I was pulled into an uneasy sleep.

…………….

Unknown POV :o

                “Please, I’m begging you. Give me another chance to prove myself!” I sighed and closed my eyes, rubbing my temples.

                “I gave you one mission, and a simple one at that. If you can’t even complete the smallest tasks I assign you, how do you expect to accomplish something more difficult and challenging?”

                “I already told you! I would have been able to complete it if-“ I finally lost the last shred of patience that I’ve been hanging on to and reached out, wrapping my hand around his throat. He instantly started to choke and claw at my hand with his nails, trying to free himself from my grasp.

                “I KNOW what you told me! And YOU should have remembered what I told you. When I gave you this task so you could prove yourself to me, I made the rules very clear. One of those rules, one of the most important, was that, should you fail a mission, I do not want to hear any excuses. Not one. And what do you do? You failed to complete the mission, and then come back here blubbering out excuses at my feet.” The room was completely silent when I stopped talking other than the idiot’s struggles to get air in his lungs.

                Uncurling my fingers, I let him drop to the floor. He landed in a heap, gasping and quaking in fear. “And now you’re going to pay for it.” His head snapped up and his dark eyes met mine as my lips quirked up at the corners in a cruel smirk. His eyes grew as big as saucers and I let out a low chuckle, leaning down to his level. He flinched and scooted back the tiniest bit.

                Extending out my hands, I gripped his face between them and smiled again, tilting my head to the side. “Thank you for serving us. I hope you enjoyed your time here.” He tried to yank his head free of my hands but before he could so much as open his mouth in protest, I snapped his head to the side and twisted it, watching as his whole body went limp.

                Removing my hands, I straightened myself out as I stood, going back to sit in my chair. I snapped my fingers and one of my guards stepped forward, dragging his body out of the room to be disposed of. Not even ten seconds later the door slammed open again and I watched as two of my best men drug a struggling woman across the room and in front of me.

                “Let me go you bastards!” She screamed. I watched in amusement, pleased that they did as I asked and captured her. When she noticed my presence she looked up at me, glaring icily. She’s really a beautiful woman, but I’m interested in someone else. Someone more… innocent.

                She snarled at me and yanked her arms again, trying to get away. I laughed and shook my head. Standing up, I slowly made my way over to her, her eyes watching my every move as she stopped struggling.

                “You’re a fiery one, aren’t you? I can see where your daughter gets it.” At the mention of her daughter she thrashed against them, trying to come at me and baring her teeth.

                “You leave my baby alone you sick, pathetic excuse of a-“ I took a step closer to her and put my hand on her cheek, making her freeze. Smiling, I leaned in so our faces are now only inches apart.

                “I’m afraid you don’t have a say in this. I’ve had my eye on her for a long time and, well, I’m finally going to have her. And guess what?” She didn’t say anything, just clenched her jaw and stayed still. I stroked my fingers across her cheekbones gently. “You’re the bait,” I whispered. Her eyes widened and with a furious cry, she jerked forward and bit my hand, swinging her leg out to kick me wherever she could. I yanked my hand back and examined the bite mark, the sides of my mouth lifting in an amused smile. My eyes flashed up to meet hers.

                “Once your son and that mate of hers find your precious daughter, they’ll come looking for you. When they find you, I’ll take the beauty… and you’ll never see her again. She’ll become my wife and I’ll have the pleasure of watching her flat tummy become round with my pups. Even if she doesn’t cooperate at first, she will learn to love me over time.” She let out a feral snarl and once again tried to get free.

                I waved my hand and turned to go sit in my chair again. They drug her out of the room to lock her up. Now all we have to do is wait. I’ll have you in my arms soon, little Cassie. Very soon.