Chapter 18

[18]

Harper

“Harper, wait!” She came up to my window knocking on the tinted glass. I silently sucked my teeth, pressuring the button to roll it down.

“Hi! What are you doing here?”

“Quinton invited me over to see Christopher I hope that was alright with you….”

“Yeah, yeah its fine do you have to leave?  I have something I want to show you.” She grinned.

I sighed. “Anastasia, I really have a lunch da----

“It’ll only take a second, I’d ask Quinton but it’s for him so I don’t want him to see it plus I need a girls opinion.” She smiled.

“Why can’t Lucious help you out? He’s basically a woman…”

She looked back at him singing to some song in the car. “Mehh it’s not the same.”

I sat my hand in my lap that was previously on the steering wheel.

“Okay fine.”

She got like a million and one shopping bags out of the car forcing me to hold some and then her friend drove off. Quinton stood at the door looking dumbfounded and I really didn’t want to be in the same house with them knowing Quinton had just bucked me off.

“Hear.” I stuffed some of the bags in his chest and walked in front of Anastasia. I stood at the staircase waiting on her.

“Where’s Christopher?” She asked him, putting more bags in his chest. Quinton is such a damn fool, he can’t see Anastasia is slowly but surely eating away every dime he earns. I bet this ass hole gave her access to his accounts. I’ll find out from Fran. She’s wearing Jimmy Choo booties for Christ Sake. I don’t even have those shoes yet! And she’s wearing them a week after they came out .

“He’s asleep.”

“Ohh Okay. Harper and I are going to check something out. We’ll be just a sec.” She held unto his face kissing him and the bastard didn’t hesitate to kiss her back. I know she willfully kept deepening the kiss because I was standing right there. In my mind its like, Sweetie you don’t have to prove to me that you guys are in love….I know otherwise.

She had her eyes closed and when I looked at them Quinton opened his eyes and looked at me.

He pulled away from her and tapped the bags on her legs. “Mmm, You got company go on.”

“Sorry Harp, you know how Quinton can get.” She grinned wiping the lipstick from around the corners of her mouth.