Chapter 12

[12]

Harper

After I left the hospital, I found myself at Fran's house, in her bedroom sitting on her bed. I could be at work right now, but she said it was important and that she needed to tell me something. I just hope it's not that she's pregnant, caught an STI or that somebody died, I'm trying to be happy in my life right now.

She was glowing and the girl's hair was all curled and dolled up and she was wearing a dress that didn't reveal much today. She kept asking me if I wanted chip and dip. I was thinking it was real now. She had to be pregnant. The glowing, covering up her body, chip and dip. Yeah, it was all signs of pregnancy for Fran.

Since when did she begin eating chip and dip? Who eats that?

"Franchesca, why am I here, you ain't called me, we aint been chilling, Like what's up."

She walked over to the bed and sat down next to me grinning. " I love you Harper." She hugged me from the side.

"Now Franchesca you know I am all about that D, bout' that D." I sang to the song of all about that bass. This girl knows I am strictly dickly, she better back up off of me.

"Girl, no." She chuckled, her cheeks rosy. "I really do I'm sorry I haven't called. I missed you."

"Oh My God, you're pregnant." I said turning to face her. Her head quickly shot up and she laughed, but I was as serious as a heartattack.

"What! No--o, I'm not pregnant you fool."

I looked at her stomach, then back up at her , squinted my eyes.

"You sure, I have never seen you eat so much chips and salsa dip."

"Yesss, I'm sure, we use condoms! Chase really likes that salsa dip and he made me taste it and now I like it. That's why so much of it is here, he brought it over here." She grinned.

I looked at her for a bit. A couple of weeks ago she was moping that she'll never find someone to love her. Moping about how she feels about this Chase. That she's tired of just being a girl guys want to bed so badly, now she's all grinny Meggy when she calls this guys' name.

"We use condoms?You're talking to him again? You like him again."

She smiled. "He loves me."

"That's not what I asked you; I thought you stopped seeing him weeks ago, what changed?"

"A lot." She stated simply. I blink my eyes slowly , twice while looking at her .

"A lot like what Fran?"

She set her hand on top of mine, smiling. I looked at her confused still waiting for her to respond to my questions but she simply trailed her eyes down our hands. I followed her eyes and still was confused.

"What is wrong with yo---

I quickly grabbed her hand pulling it to my face, checking to be sure I wasn't going ballistic. A beautiful engagement ring sat on her finger and she was grinning from ear to ear. I began examining it, maing sure the diamonds were real.

"Wh—at What the hell is that Franchesca?"

"He proposed Harper!! He wants to marry me girl." She smiled, all dainty and innocent.

"WHAT?! When did he, when did all this happen?"

"Last week, I wanted to tell you but I wanted to tell you in person. I haven't told anybody yet, not even my Mom. I know she'll be upset , you know how she is." She rolled her eyes and made a loud sigh. "Chase told his mother, he said she knew he was going to propose. She's an event planner and she wants to throw us an engagement party next week."