Chapter 29

Guess what book is back in full effect?? This one!

[29]

Harper

"Logan." I smiled nervously, my chest high and in between my thighs wet and squishy. The guilt probably shone brightly all over my face as he smiled before my condo door with the most charming smile.

"You okay? I came to see how you were doing. Since our date we've spoken but I been busy at work, I wanted to see you in person." He smiled.

"Oh that's sweet. I wanted to see you too. Come in." I told him pushing my hair behind my ear.

"I like your paint job. Who did it?" He asked and I fumbled for words thinking of Q.

"Uh—Actually Frannie and I." I smiled walking around him.

"Oh. Okay. Jack of all trades huh?" He smiled. "I came here to see you and to actually take you out. I wanted to take you to see this movie. Creed. I like boxing and I thought it could be another date for us while I'm not working  again tonight. I hope I wouldn't be imposing on you last minute."

"No! I'd love to. I saw the movie trail on TV it looked interesting."

"Great." He smiled, but then he paused and just...stared at me.

"What?" I asked suddenly awkward under his daring glare.

"You seem so flustered. Am I making you nervous?"

"Oh." I smiled. "N—no. I'm comfortable around you. I just have a lot on my mind."

"Do tell." He prompted and before I could even begin, the baby started crying.

I froze and Dr.Logan smiled at me with a peculiar look on his face. "Babysitting?" He queried pushing his palms into the pocket of his pant trousers.

"Um...Kind of. I wouldn't exactly call it babysitting. Quinton's here and we----" He interrupted my speech , cocking his head to the side.

"Quinton's here?" He asked, with a slight smirk.

"Yes." I replied, anxious for his response.

"Well tell him to come out here. Say hello."

I slightly furrowed confused with how nice he was being. Dr.Logan really was a nice man. He seemed unfazed by Q's constant appearances in my life. He was so confident I don't even think he held Quinton as competition when it came to my heart.

"Sure. Quinton! Q!" I called out to him and he submerged from the bedroom with Christopher over his shoulder. A quiet Christopher this time.

"Hey." Quinton smiled to Dr.Logan, ignoring the fact that I had even called him, heading over to shake his hand.

"Didn't know you were here. Good to see you Doc." Quinton said , holding his composure so well. I smiled a stranger in my own home as I watched them converse.

My eyes drifting all over the room, mostly at Quinton's back muscles in his shirt and I looked down onto the floor seeing my red satin panties balled up, just lying there. I mentally kicked myself as I was about to kick them under the counter, when Quinton called my name.

"I'm gonna get home. Take Christopher home, it's getting late." He said and I furrowed as he tried to drop hints with his eyes.

Home? Home where? Then it hit me that Dr.Logan probably didn't know about Anastasia carrying another man's baby for months and not telling Quinton. He maybe was taking Christopher home but he was coming straight back here.

But Logan cut him off. "I'll be back Harp, I just remembered I left my wallet at the hospital. Always leaving that thing there." He chuckled. "Gives you some time to get ready."

"Well okay." I nodded as he turned around to leave but he turned back around walking over to me. "He held my face, pushing his supple lips against mine, entangling our mouths. My brows rose , caught completely by surprise. I moaned in his mouth when he bit my bottom lip.

"Be right back." He said, pecking me one last time.

I stood there speechless, raising my hand to touch my lips. "It was nice seeing you again Quinton. Gotta remember to stop by your dealership some time. Good seeing you brother." He smiled.

Brother? I giggled taken aback as he walked through the door.

I didn't know what to say. The condo was silent as Quinton just stared at me.

"Quin---

"Who the fuck does this doctor think he is Harper?" He asked suddenly angrier than ever. "You got this dude groping on you, tonguing you down and shit? Right in front of me? You feeling him Harper?" He shouted and ignored his frustration, fixing Christopher sock on his foot.

"Harper I'm talking to you!"

"I don't know! I don't know okay! You know what. Yes! Yes I am. You see me going out on dates with him. You know he likes me Q! What do you want me to do! Drop everything and start over with you?"

He shrugged. "Why not?"

I squinted my eyes at him. "Are you fucking kidding me Quinton! You kissed Anastasia right in front of me after you dry humped me that day in your house. You constantly disregarded my feelings for you for our entire childhood lives and I'm supposed to just drop everything for you Q? It doesn't work like that!"

"You don't think I know I did some pretty messed up things in the past but this is now. You gon' fuck around and end up getting heart by this guy. I'm telling you. Something ain't right about him." He pointed at me and I scoffed.

"I don't think he can hurt me more than you already did and still do."

His face softened and I felt tears brim my eyes.

"Naveen how many times I gotta say I'm sorry for you to get over what happened. I can't take it back."

I looked at him as the tears swelled in my eyes. "I knew this wasn't a good idea to let you back into my life. I was happy, and now I just feel like a kid all over again. Losing myself trying to get you to see me!" I pointed to my eyes."Can't you see what you're doing to me Q?" I sniffed and the tears found their home cascading down my cheek.

"D—Don't do that to me Harper. Please don't do it." He said adjusting Quinton on his shoulder as he stepped right in front of me sweeping his thumb against my eyes.

"You know I hate to see you cry. C'mon baby." He said and the tears just kept on coming and coming. I had bottled them up for years and now they had become like a river.

"I just can't do this anymore." I sobbed as he tried to wisp my tears away putting his face in the crook of my neck kissing the base of my jaw line.

"Don't say that Harp. I don't wanna lose you again."

"Just go Quinton. I have to get ready before Logan gets back." I said shoving him away from me a bit. "Take Christopher back to Anastasia and stay over there. I don't wanna see you."

"You really about to go out with this dude?" He asked and I scoffed stuffing Christopher's medicine into his baby bag.

"Just go! Here take it. Go Q. Just go."

"But I Love You Harper." He said and I clenched my eyes shut, fearing he would say it.

"I don't love you Q."

"I know you don't mean that." He said and I bit my lip, knowing that he could see right through me. Of course he could. He knew me better than I knew myself.

"But Imma go." He said and exhaled when he held Christopher carefully and took the bags over his shoulder heading through the door.

I closed my eyes as the door slammed shut and I held myself wanting to cry all over again as I watched him drive out of the parking area.

So I kept my promise and I am going to be updating this book during my Winter vacation. I hope you guys haven't given up on me. I just had writer's block I'm sure my fellow writers would understand. Also there's going to be another update tonight. So stay tuned.