Chapter 22

EXCUSE MY ERRORS. DIDN'T EDIT. 

Harper

                                                                  [22]

“I’m walking on sunshine…ohhhh, I’m walking on sunshine.” Commercial, came from the television in the hospital waiting room. I was so nervous. My knees were shaking and the guilt shone on me as if there was a spotlight hoisted over my head.

Quinton and I were just….I don’t even know what we were doing. Then the next thing you know, Anastasia is calling and something is seriously wrong with their still newborn baby. Maybe God was showing me a sign that Quinton and I were seriously not meant for each other. He will always be attached to her. No matter if we were to be together and break them up.

I have thought about it. I have. I’m beginning to love Quinton again, and I don’t like it. I deserve better. He never wanted me. But because I had a slim waist and you could actually see my face now, he was suddenly love struck. Men.

“Harper. Harper!” I looked up out of my gaze and his hand was under my chin.

“Quinton!” I hopped up from my seat, standing before him.

“What’s going on, is he okay?” I asked impatiently.

“Yeah man…He’s uhh.. He’s good. He’s breathing now and he’s opening his eyes.” He looked so stressed, so worried.

“That’s great Quinton. What happened to him?”

“Your doctor said something about the underlying blood moving sluggishly, so the normal veins underneath that carry blue, oxygen-poor blood back to the heart become more noticeable. He has asthma. They didn’t see it before. He, just can’t lay on his back for too long.”

“Ohh Q. I’m sorry. That scared you huh.” I touched his cheek.

“You don’t wanna know.” He chuckled, grabbing my hand and bringing it to his mouth, kissing it.

“Quinton...” I quickly pulled my hand away looking around. “People are watching. You’re engaged you know.” I mumbled and he sucked his teeth.

“Nobody’s even looking.” He brushed his fingers against my hair, pulling his fingers through my tresses.

“No, stop it.” I murmured, tugging away from his hand.

“Come on.” He held my arm, bringing me down the hallway where the baby’s room was.

“Hi.” I said softly enough for Anastasia to turn around, looking at me. She didn’t quite look at me she sniffed, looking at Quinton’s hand holding mine. Her puffy eyes turned dark and she smirked.