Chapter 2

[2]

Fran snapped me out of my thoughts roughly tapping my shoulder nearly spilling her drink.

“Girl lets go he’s coming over here, he didn’t give me the day off to party and go club hopping so get up! Damn you’re deaf!”

He just looked so different, so manly and tall. I hadn’t seen him in what seemed like dog years and here he was before me. It’s like I’ve known this boy all my life and he’s making me nervous. I refuse to show him that I care. I got up of the stool fixing my dress while Fran looked at me impatiently. Before we could even turn around his voice crept up on us.

“Ms. Francesca, I see you’re enjoying your day off.I missed your snappy presence today.” He said putting his hands in his pockets. I guess he came here from work, because he was wearing dress pants.

“Yes,  Mr.Jameson “. She chuckled quite awkwardly. “I’ll be there bright and early on Monday.” She smiled.

“Alrighty then.”  He said looking me up and down.

“Okay, we’re going to leave now”. She face palmed herself. “Oh dear, where are my manners? Mr.Jameson, this is my best friend Harper. Harper,  Mr.Jameson.  Mr Jameson, Harper.

He just stared at me attentively reaching out his hand or mine.

“Nice to meet yo—

He stopped , to look at me again squinted his eyes, watching me from head to toe.

“Harper? As in Walters, Harper Naveen Walters?”

“Yes Q , it’s me, in the flesh.” I smiled slightly.

“Harper , Wow, I—I haven’t seen you since …..

“Prom night.” I said finishing his sentence, removing my hand from his .

“Yeah, that. Well can Q get her hug? Damn Harp”.

I leaned in and hugged him. He smelt of something cool and minty. His hands sunk in the small o my waist. He could actually get around it now. I smiled to myself.

“Ahem!” Fran said.

We broke apart from each others embrace.

“You guys know each other?” She said slapping my arm slightly smirking.

“Yeah uh, we used to be bestriends from since we were like 6 I think. We went to high school together.” I told her.