Chapter 5

The Following Day

"Fran I thought you said that you knew that Q justs wants to bed me, why are we here?"

"Girl quit all that fussing, I want you to go out with him and then based upon what he wants to talk and reminisce about I'll know what his real intentions are from there. DUHHH, girl do you know anything about males?"

I rolled my eyes , skimming through the racks."Obviously you seem to."

"Harp let me tell you something about men. They're some inconsiderate, selfish, twits. But at the same time, they're the joybringers, baby conceivers and pipe layers that we love."

"Speak for yourself" I mumbled.

" A man can have all the women in the world but what's going to make him really fall in love with one is a bond. A bond where he feels comfortable. Where he knows he can count on her. Where he knows that when he speaks she genuinely wants to listen . When he makes love to her, she doesn't fake how she's feeling to spare his feeling. When---

"Where are you going with this?" I asked pulling out a dress.

"All men , well real men. All they want is a women who is going to make them feel wanted. That's all. Who's going to show him love and affection no matter what he does wrong." I stopped her right there because I wanted to slap her.

"Fran , stop talking all that shit, because we know good and damn well that shouldn't be. How in the hell men expect us to always be by there side if they constantly do stupid, selfish shit?"

"See you not listening."

"You saying that we should have unconditional love towards a man even when he fucks up. That's what crap is coming from your lips."

She sucked her teeth.

"All I'm saying is that Quinton knows, that the things y'all probably did or spoke about around each other when y'all were younger that he will never feel comfortable enough to do or talk about around Anastasia and you know it."

"I understand that part but ahhh so what. I don't give a shit. He made the bed he's laying in now!"

"Exactly and he wants to change his sheet set now. CLEARLY." She looked at me and snatched the dress out of my hand.

"Well that's too damn bad, he was blinded then and that's his fault." I sighed." Men always wait until they F you over, have sex with all the girls they want and break your heart, to say they didn't know what they had infront of them." I mumbled.

"See look at you." She smirked.

"What?"

"You getting all flustered over him, you say you forgave him , but you not over it. It's hurting you isn't it?"

"Nothing hurts me anymore. I'm vegetarian to the bullshit." I pushed her out of my way and headed into the dressing room, to try on this dress.

I don't know why in the hell I was even in this store with Fran. She dragged me here saying that I have to look insanely hot , to go on this "friendly" dinner date with Q. Deep down inside I wish I was the one he was with today, but I know that I can't let him get to me. I'm about making money, and that's it.

"I swear that this is a waste of time. I have clothes at home." I said throwing my clothes over the door.

"Soo, this dress has to show ever curve you have. He needs to feel the heat." I could feel her grinning from the other side of this door.

"He called me today at work. I know you gave him my work number Fran. The hell is wrong with you?"

"He said it was a business inquiry, I don't know. Who am I to get in the way of potential baby maki---" She coughed. " I mean business. Damn I'm parched ."