Chapter 30

Perfect song in MM for Harper and Quinton. Listen!

[30]

Harper

"I'll call you back Frannie. I'll tell you later. Logan's ready to go."

"Yeah, okay Love you too." I said blowing smooches into the phone.

This was going to be my third date with Logan, my mind was racing against time. Just wanting to get home, secretly hoping Quinton would be there. It had been an entire week and he hadn't called me. Or stopped by to even get his stuff. I called him but he never calls me back. I went by his dealership but he wasn't there every time.

I was supposed to be the one hurt and here I was chasing after Q. When I told him to go, I never meant it completely. I was just upset. Upset that he wanted to have his cake and eat it too. Upset that it was okay for him to treat me like the second option but when I was doing it to him, it was the worst thing.

Men behave as if it's completely wrong when you lay down the law and let them know how you want to be loved, how you will be treated. Don't get me wrong Logan was everything I was looking for and more, but what happened with Quinton, I just couldn't get that out of my mind.

"Harper?" Logan called as we drove.

"Mm. Yes?" I asked looking over at him.

"You seem so distant tonight. Is there something you want to tell me?" He asked and I shook my head.

"It's not something that big. I'm here with you. So I'm going to be here with you, I promise nothing else is on my mind..." I said and he smiled.

"I hope you know that you can't hide how you feel very well." He said nonchalantly and I turned my head to him.

"What do you mean?"

He licked his lips , chuckling. "I mean that I see it all over. When you're happy, sad, in between. It shows. You're easy to read."

"Am I?"

"Very. One of the things I like most about you. Do you trust me Harper?"

I stared ahead, not knowing how to respond. I did like Logan, matter of fact I was way passed the liking zone. We had a connection and he made me very happy. But Trust...I wasn't particularly sure.

"I...I don't know." I responded and he scoffed, almost mockingly.

"I should be insulted. Because I trust you Harper."

"You do?" I inquired almost shocked.

"Very much. You seem bashful and almost inexperienced and something in that I find most desiring."

What did he mean by "inexperienced"? My mind raced wondering on and on. Did he think I was some naïve simpleton?

"So you're saying that you trust me because I'm shy?"

"No. I'm saying those things make you attractive. But I trust you because you give the Kiss of Life." He smiled causing me to smile, more than flattered.

"I have a lot of fun with you Logan. The adventures we share. I like them I want to live up more. All I do is work."'

He looked over at me. "I'm an adventurous guy outside of the white coat." He laughed.I was beginning to get my mind away from Q for once tonight . And that's when he switched lanes.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see when we get inside." He said slipping his free hand into mine. The road was dark, flashing with a lot of lights and it barely had people on the street.