Chapter 26

Commencement Of PART TWO

                                                                         [26]

Harper

Almost An Entire Week Later

“Quinton. You’re phone ,it’s ringing.” I said , as I came into the kitchen seeing he was just there staring at the television.

Quinton went home after he spent the night over here, we slept in the same bed and everything and it was like yeas go on my furry bedroom rug when he’d stay over. But as soon as he went home I came home the same night and he was at my doorstep again.

He said he couldn’t go home or at the hospital. Can’t face her, can’t see Christopher. He wants me to go and ask her to leave, get her shit and leave. But that should be Quinton’s duty. They were together, he thought they had an entire son together; he needs to stop wallowing in self pity, and stop being a coward.

He didn’t answer me when I told him about his phone. He’s been staying here for a week. An entire week and the second the night he stayed over he fingered me again. And I knew this was not going to end well. I actually liked it and I didn’t tell him to stop although it was hurting a bit.

I know that Quinton loves me, I know that but I can’t keep letting him stay here if he’s going to be looking for a rebound. I know he’s heartbroken but somehow I feel like I’m being dishonest to Logan. My prospective man.

Quinton and I haven’t had sex or anything but we’ve been kissing and he’s been touching on me, and cuddling close to me when we lay in the same bed.  And I don’t stop him. I pretend like I never wanted this to happen when really and truly, I had been waiting on this since I was 16.

“Quinton?” I asked walking around  to him . “Aren’t you going to answer it?” I asked standing before him.

He still didn’t answer me. I know a lot has been on his mind so when I get home and he’s over here I just cook for him and make sure he’s showered, because he doesn’t do anything but sit in the couch staring at the tv. I just hope he isn’t going into depression.

I can only imagine how his ego is hurt. Its one thing to hurt a woman but when you hurt a man and it’s apparent on him that he’s really hurt by something. I think that’s worse. Men never forgive. They may pretend to forget but they’ll always hold it against you.

“I guess not. You aren’t going to work again today?”

He continued to stare at the tv. I sighed.  Sitting next to him on the couch.“Okay. I’ll see you later if you’re still here. Okay?” I asked .

All he did was nod. Atleast  some sort of response. “You okay Q? I’m worried about you.” I touched his cheek, his beard was starting to grow out and he looked rugged.