Chapter 8

[8]

Later that night

Fran

"Chase we can't see each other anymore." I said hesitantly shaking my head from side to side. He tried to reach his hand up my blouse. He was waiting outside my door when I got home.

"Why not?" He asked grabbing a hold of my waist and hugging my small frame in comparison to his large body.

"Because, it’s isn’t healthy for me."

He looked at me and chuckled. "I got all my shots already for the year. I'm disease free. Promise.”

“No I don’t mea—Look Chase! I like you, a lot! I didn’t plan on it, it just happened. I know when we met it was just a no strings attached thing, but I want to be more now, and I know you probably don’t. So let’s just stop it before I get all up in my feelings even more.” He was now standing directly in front of me, looking stunned.

“You don’t have to say anything, I don’t need you to say anything. “ I turned away from him and headed in to my apartment.

He didn’t even try to stop me, he just stood there, like he wanted to say something but didn’t know how.

Harper

A Week Later

 I have been so happy during this week and the week before. My line is coming to together smoothly and Q and I have hung out like 5 times already for the week and even Anastasia came along a few times and she was cool. She looked like she was uncomfortable the first time but then we started talking and she was chilling and I actually can say that I like her.

Tomorrow is Thursday and it’s her baby shower. Q doesn’t want to know the sex of the baby, so he’s going to be surprised when he walks into the venue tomorrow night. He seems so excited and maybe they are in love, despite what Fran says. Fran takes care of her and waits on her hand and foot. I wouldn’t want to be the home wrecker so I think I kind of like being just friends with Quinton.

It feels, Okay. And I’m Okay with that.

I was about to go to lunch with Quinton right now. Fran, said she didn’t feel like going out, and that she wanted to go home for lunch. I’m so proud of my Frannie bear, she hasn’t seen Chase in a week, which shows that he didn’t have mutual feelings. She looks all sad and pouty all the time, but I know she’ll be grateful in the end, that she did what she did.

She dragged me to the sextoy shop and bought a truckload of things, saying she’s going to need these. She’s named every one of her toys, Chase. She said it’s therapeutic, I disagree; I think it’s going to make her think of him even more, but hey I can’t get everything I want.

I pulled up to the restaurant already seeing Q sitting going through the menu.

“Hey.” I greeted.

He looked up and sat down the menu, standing up to hug me. “I like your hair, finally got that weave done huh?” He joked pulling away from me.

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes and he pulled out my chair, watching me sit. Quinton always watched me from head to toe whenever we’d meet up.

I picked up my menu and began to look through it. “What are you getting?” I asked.

“Whatever you’re getting.” He said looking at the ring I wore on my engagement finger. My mother had bout this ring for me since I was like 15. I was surprised it still fit. She said it was a symbol of my purity, or innocence. She is super religious and liked the fact I was a virgin.

“What’s this?” He asked, taking my hand in his, examining it.

“Ohh, someone bought it for me. It’s a promise ring” I smiled.

His head shot up and it looked flushed. “Who?”

“Someone Quinton, damn.” I chuckled pulling my hand out of his.

The waiter walked up to us and smiled. “ Are you guys ready to order?”

“Yeah, yeah sure Naveen speak up, what you want I want.”

I sucked my teeth. “ Q you did this all the time back in school, lets order different things so we can taste each other’s food.”

“Okay fine, Let me get a---

His phone started ringing and he paused to answer it. I told the waiter that she could give us a minute, to decide.

“Hello?”

“Why you calling me? Something wrong with Anastasia?” I saw his facial expressions change.

“What!”

“Shit, I’m coming right now.” He hung up the phone and stood up immediately frantic.

“Q, what’s wrong?” I asked getting my bag.

“It’s Anastasia, her friend Lucious or whoever called and said that her water broke. She’s in a lot of pain, we gotta go to the hospital.” I quickly walked behind him.

“Already! She’s merely 6 months Q, not exactly 6 tha—that’s too early.” I said about to get in my car.

“I know, come with me Harp, we’ll come back for your car.”

I nodded and got in. He looked so nervous, and shaken up. Labour already? I wonder what was wrong. I could only pray that Quinton’s baby was going to be okay.

 Oh dear....

Excuse errors.Short. I know.Vote/Comment. Add to your library. Do you guys like Megan Good as the new Fran?