Chapter 20 [New Year's Soiree]

• Dedicated to Saya Wani Yusoff

My Roommate is the world biggest jerk20

another chapter! hope that you'll enjoy this one too! man, i keep on being drawn on writing and writing! i really am excited about this, perhaps that reflected how i had been uploading and updating so much. but i really do love this plot and i love Fay! hope you keep reading. leave me comments because its my driving fuel, literally! and votes too! love, ariel. 

Chapter 20 [New Year’s Soiree]

Fay POV

I reached and unnecessarily straightened my dress and fidgeted. The champagne colored dress snugly hugged my torso before exploding into voluminous tulle reaching my knees. The dress which also had a black satin ribbon belted at my waist, matched my chunky black high heels. It was a pretty strapless dress but somehow I felt uncomfortable having the dress on.

perhaps because it was from my own design and i wasnt sure if people would like it. aiden was looking at me with a weird expression on his face as he took a sweeping, top to toe look at me. 

“You look amazing.” Aiden finally complimented, taking my hand as he walked my to the car that stood waiting at my gate. I hugged my coat closer, it was chilly. “Aren’t you, cold?” he asked when he took a glimpse down to my bare legs.

We were going to a New Party Mary Sue has having. To be honest I didn’t think that Aiden could make it, but again he caught me by surprise.

“I’m freezing.” I answered, jumping into the car with pronounced lack of grace. But I didn’t care; it was warm in the car.” Aiden was driving tonight and I ride shotgun. “But you know, everything in the name of fashion.” I announced proudly. Aiden chuckled.

“Never took you as that kind of chick Addams.” He said, fastening his seat belt as I did mine.

“I study fashion too you know, though I admit I’m more into designing fashion rather than wearing them but sometimes it’s nice to dress up.” I pouted.

“Don’t get me wrong sweeting, I found you sexy as hell in this.” He flicked my tulle skirt and grinned mischievously.

We arrived hand in hand at the party. I had been to Mary Sue’s house on a few occasions before, one of them to borrow a costume from her and others to complete homework together. But all signs of her living room and the adjoining rooms that I knew were gone; all had been decorated for a massive New Years blow out. I made a mental note to keep expecting things like this every time I went to parties and soirees so that the blow of the shock wasn’t too overwhelming.

I was looking around for sign of people I knew when Mary Sue popped out of nowhere. She was wearing a mini dress of bright pink with her hair let loosed and slightly tousled.

“Hey you’re here!” she greeted pulling me into a hug. When she let me go, she went to hug Aiden too.

“Awesome party.” Aiden commented grinning.

“Glad you can make it, Josh is around here somewhere…” she took a glance back, trying to scan her boyfriend in a sea of hundreds of people. She turned around again and smiled.

“How many people are here?” I asked as she tugged me deeper inside. She tilted her head slightly as she considered.

“I’m not sure, since my sisters are back and they invited their friends and I invited mine, and Josh invited his… you know, it kinda snowballed. Gosh I hope that we won’t run out of food...” I giggled and she trailed away again. “You know what, enjoy the party and I got to go search for Josh. And if you need somewhere quiet to make out or something, you know where my room is.” Then she was off, disappearing into the sea of people.