Chapter 36 [London Adventure]

My Roommate is the world biggest jerk 36

Chapter 36 [London Adventure]

London was enchanting.

The summer’s day was hot but it did not deter me from trotting all over town. On my first day, I moved into my small apartment right in the heart of London. It was small but very comfortable. I had a bedroom, a small cubicle of a kitchen and a few feet of sitting area all for myself. The rent was affordable enough. Plus, I still had a few hundred bucks left over in my account from the scholarship I received during my high school days. That should keep me afloat until the semester began.

The money that I had received from the royal treasurer in the duration of me being the crown princess and duchess of Amaryllis had accumulated into a few thousand dollars, but I felt that I should not use that money. Perhaps when I can, I should return the money to Aiden. It did not feel right for me to use that money.  I contemplated the whole thing as I sat alone at a bar nearest to my apartment. It was my first time in the vicinity.

“What can I get ya?” a man in his early twenties asked me as he wiped the bar and deposited peanut shells that littered on the shiny wooden top into the bin behind the bar.

“One beer please.”

He hesitated for a second before asking me for my ID. I smiled and handed him my card and passport. “Ahh… Claymorean. So what will it be, bottle or tap?”

“Tap please.”

“Good choice. So are you here for the sights?” I took a gulp of the beer and wiped my lips with the back of my hand, savoring the taste.

“No, study. I’m enrolling in London University this fall.”

“A bit too early for that isn’t? It’s still summer.”

“I was going to have a look around before the school starts. I have never been here before.” I took another sip of the brew. It was good. “So for now I guess I’m a tourist.”

“Ah… I see. I’m Ryan.” He held out his hand.

“I’m Fay.”

“You say this is your first time in London?” Ryan leaned on the counter with quizzical eyes. “Could have sworn I’ve seen your face before.”

I grinned apprehensively and reached for the tall glass again. When I was dating Aiden and became engaged to him, my pictures were splashed all over the internet and tabloids for the world to see. Claymore is a small nation in the Maditerranean Europe, not as important or prominent as  Italy but it still managed to draw some news buzz especially when it concerned to its main exports: seafood, wine and leather. Besides economic news, people were fascinated by the House of Storme, like every country where a monarchy is still present.  Perhaps Ryan had caught glimpses of me in the tabloids.  The engagement party was private; however the news of it certainly was not.

“Maybe? I just rented an apartment close by.” He mulled over my answer for a second before smiling again. “Possibly you’d seen me around. I had been running around for a few days checking out London.”

“Where have you been to?”

“Ahh..I’ve been to the palace; saw the guards in the furry hat… the house of parliament and Big Ben. And the famous London bridge… of course. Today I had spent some time at the museum!” I recounted my trip to Ryan, in my mind I was picturing the grand Buckingham Palace. When I saw the grand building myself, standing by the front gates I could not help but comparing it with the White castle that sprawled on Mont Dew back in Claymore. Although I tried not to think of Aiden, I failed horribly.