Chapter 7 (edited)

Chapter 7 [Blackmail]

Oh, this was great; the red cherry on top of a freaking sundae.

“You?” his voice came out like a hiss. A pissed out, ‘you-didnt-hear-what-I-think-you-did-or-you’re-gonna-be-so-dead’ hiss.

“IwasjustwalkingbyandIdidn’thearanything!” my response came in a tumble and it wasn’t even remotely humanly understandable in a stretch. “Honest.” I finished somewhat lamely and unconvincingly.

Aiden was beyond furious but he managed to rein in his murderous impulse just enough to poke his head inside the classroom and tell his girlfriend to hang back for a few minutes before she could go out.

Oops, I mean, his ex-girlfriend.

Ouch.

“You. Come. With. Me.” He jabbed his finger, nearly poking my eyes out.

“I was supposed to go to the office.” I was - there was no point denying it – highly scared and intimidated. My voice was starting to get squeaky and my knees were beginning to feel like they were made of jell-O. Standard procedure whenever I was scared out of my wits.

“Do I need to drag you because by God, I will.” He threatened. It was good that he still remembered God in this kind of situation, no?

“Fine, I’ll follow.”

Aiden said nothing while I followed him. I had no idea where he was leading me though, I was too busy praying that whatever he was planning to do to me, I would get out of it alive and preferably unscathed.

He led me to the room where I had been to before.  

He signaled me to enter  first with him following after. The door closed in a loud thump, startling me. I almost jumped out of my own skin. Still silent, he went to a refrigerator and took out a bottled water and I stood and watch as he drank. It was a matter of seconds before he finished the entire bottle.

I guess rejection gets you parched?

“Now, let’s talk about your eavesdropping habit.” He began, making his way to a chair and settled down.

“I told you, I didn’t hear anything!”

“You’re a bad liar, Scholarship.”

Yeah, I know. I have been told.

“Really, I didn’t hear anything.” I was almost cowering but the vibe that was coming out of the guy was no joke. He was downright menacing, and looked like he was on the verge of murdering someone and was thinking what method he should use to kick start the torture parade.

And this time, I was not overstating things.

“Here’s what’s going to happen.” He began, shooting me an ice cold stare. “You are not to repeat anything you just heard to a living soul, not even to your pet cat or a stray dog. Plus, you’re gonna eradicate it from your brain. And if you tell anyone, I am going to cut off your scholarship and ruin you.”

Wait, he couldn’t do that, could he? I mean, the scholarship came from the school, not the palace. Right?

But then again, the palace was the biggest contributor to the school and the school decision leaned heavily on what the palace said so, I guess that he could inflict severe damage on me. And my scholarship was my everything.

Basically, he owned me.

Great.

“Get it?” his icy blue eyes had not let go their hold of me.

Defeated, I nodded.

“Yes.”

“Good. You can let yourself out.”

Man, talk about cold. I exited the room and closed the door behind me carefully before moving on, trudging down the hall, making my way to the office again. The guy just got dumped but he remained unflinching about it. Sure, he was a guy, and guys were not supposed to cry about it but from what I saw, he was more focused on nursing his ego rather than being hurt over his break up.

And I was convinced that everyone alive and kicking required a beating heart. Humph, perhaps he was not at all too serious with the girl, which was why he was not too upset about it. But then again, from what I heard from the girl, the relationship did last over a period of two years.

I shuddered, remembering how cold his eyes were; those piercing blue eyes. How different it was, I recalled, watching him from the TV once. He seemed so friendly, so charming and the same eyes looked as clear as the blue sky. But just now, staring at him while he blackmailed me, he seemed like a whole different person. Perhaps he had bipolar or something.

Or maybe, he was just one hell of an actor.