Chapter 19 [Conspiracy]

My roommate is the world biggest jerk19

Team Aiden: hang on tight, and have faith okay?

Team Alex: cheer him on, he’s gonna need it!

Chapter 19 [Conspiracy]

I can hardly believe it; he had actually said the L word.

I can hardly believe it when we tumbled down to the floor and I was straddling him.

I can hardly believe it as he leaned forward and kissed me deep.

But all of that happened and after sometime I awkwardly removed myself off him and straightened myself up. I was blushing scarlet rivaling the color of the knee long dress I was wearing. Aiden did the same, the straightening himself part, not the blushing. After that he took my hand and led me to the small round table, pulling my chair for me.

We ate dinner in silence for the most part but our eyes were saying everything we were not, well, at least mine did. After dinner Aiden took my hands again and pulled me to sit with him on the couch near the fire as we enjoyed the scenery outside under a single huge and warm blanket that wrapped us both. It was awkward at first; I was not used to being so close to him. But as he pulled me to rest on his chest, I relaxed and melted against him.

“How do you celebrate Christmas?” he asked suddenly. I took a sip of hot chocolate and settled the mug on the side table.

“Our Christmas is very quiet; it’s just mom and me. Later in the afternoon we would have friends over and when its dinner time, it’ll be two of us again. It may sound lonely to people but we talked a lot with each other and it’s kind of nice you know.”

Aiden nodded. “Sounds nice. Your mom is cool, I love her.”

“How’s your Christmas? Is it a big celebration?” Aiden was thoughtful before he answered.

“It is kind of a big thing; the family would get together and ate dinner. We have grand dinners and big Christmas parties during the evening.”

“What do you do during the day?” I went on to ask.

“If you’re asking about my schedule for tomorrow, I have a parade to attend and a short visit to the Children Hospital but after that, I’m pretty much free.” he wrapped his arms around my waist. “Can I possibly swing by your place tomorrow afternoon?”  he nuzzled my neck making me giggle.

I grinned. “Mom will be ecstatic.” He chuckled.

“How about you, will you be ecstatic too?” I giggled and made a face.

“Hm, I guess…” he said nothing after that but tweaked my nose and kissed me on my burning cheek.

I said goodbye to him when the clock struck ten, I can’t get home too late. I hated to think that mom was all alone when it turned Christmas. But before I left I thrust a square parcel to his hand.

“It’s not much and it’s not worth even less but I hope that you’ll like it.” Aiden lips curved into a smile and leaned in for one last kiss.

“Coming from you, I’m sure that I’ll love it. Besides, it’s the thought that counts. Merry Christmas, Fay.”

I couldn’t think of what to give him for Christmas so I settled on giving him something practical. Something that he can use every day: a scarf. Yes, kill me for being so boring but I was out of ideas and was on the edge of a massive hysteria when I ended up buying it. I was usually good in choosing presents but apparently picking gifts for the crown prince was not my forte.