Chapter 33 [My Royal In Law]

• Dedicated to Happy Birthday Teukie! <3

My Roommates is the world biggest jerk33

Chapter 33 [My Royal In Law]

The car’s interior was sleek and oozed masculinity. The seat was black leather and cold air blasted from inside of the car. I hopped on in and gave Ryui the biggest grin I was able to produce considering the circumstances. I was feeling pretty jittery at the moment: it’s not every day that your mother in law the Queen called for your ‘audience’, whatever that means.  

“Thank you so much for picking me up.” His familiar silvery gaze was a comforting sight. I haven’t seen him much lately. I had even grown to miss him after years of him escorting me around. Ryui smiled and nodded. It was his day off but he agreed to pick me up anyway.

“No problem princess.” His smile widen into a lopsided grin. “Besides I hardly get to see you these days. You look beautiful.”

“And nervous.” I added. Ryui chuckled as he eased his Ford Mustang out of the Voltaire Castles gates. The sense of dread caused me to fiddle with the corner of my cardigan sleeve.

“What do you think she wants with me?” I asked Ryui the question that had troubled me since this morning. The dread had grown as the day progressed and the moment of meeting Aiden’s mother grew closer.

“You’re sounding a bit melodramatic Fay. She’s not going to do anything to you.” Ryui comforted me but the anxiety I was feeling did not cease. “What did she said on the phone anyway?”

The tips of my fingers moved to twist the knobs of Ryui’s audio system hoping that some music would calm my nerves. “She had someone else call me.”

“Of course she did.”

“She never wants to talk to me before. Why starts now?” I threw my gaze outside. The road leading out of Voltaire offered a fantastic view of the sea that stretched infinitely toward the horizon. I was staring at the sparkle of sunlight that bounced off the blue water when my mind carried me back to that day when she visited me accompanied by Eliza.

I had gotten along with everyone fine, even King Theodore who I have to recheck myself every time because now I have to call him father. I haven’t gotten used to using that word again. Although we haven’t intimately talked to each other but I have seen the warmth in his eyes. Warmth that I have yet to feel radiating from Her Royal Highness from the day we met up to the moment when she paid me a social call a few days ago.

“Maybe she feels it’s time to connect?” Ryui offered a speculation but as much as I wanted that to be true, it was unlikely.

“I doubt it.”

“There’s nothing to worry Fay.” Ryui assured me one more time before we lapsed into silence. After half an hour Ryui’s midnight blue Ford Mustang entered the Great House grounds and parked at the front entrance.

Eying the door I turned to Ryui. “How do I look?” I reached and made sure that my hair was secured and neat besides smoothing my dress unnecessarily. The pale pink taffeta material was smooth and silky under my fingertips.

“Resplendent my lady.”  

“You’re just saying what I want to hear.”

“No I’m not.” He argued with a smile tugging on his lips. “Shall I wait for you? Think you’ll be long?”

“I don’t know. I’ll text you?”

It turns out to be a very brief meeting. The Queen Matilda did not waste any time beating around the bush. Tea was poured in mere seconds of my arrival and a variety of cakes and _ was served as I took my seat. A few minutes later the door of the salon was thrown open to admit my mother in law.