Chapter 12 [The Young and the Restless]

My roommate is the world biggest jerk12

this one is dedicated to you! yes, you!! hihi.... 

love, ariel. 

Chapter 12 [The Young and the Restless]

It was not often that you got to see how your life flashed by in front of you. They say people tend to experience that when they had near death experiences.  It was a short one though, I was only sixteen. There weren’t many memorable experiences I have had, the only things that stood out was my mom, Lulu and Addie, Alex… the jerk of a prince that, if it was not for him, I won’t be having flashes of my life shown before me in the first place.

So yeah, I was gonna die.

“Don’t worry, everything is going to be okay.” Suddenly Ryui spoke up. I smirked, cocking my eye brow.  

“Yeah, they said that too, when the Titanic hit that giant iceberg.” I commented, hands folded on my chest. Who was he fooling? There had got to be serious consequences, I bet my life on it.

Ryui barked a laugh. I shot him a look and he stopped, though the remnant of his laughter was still tugging on his lips, adding sparkle to his eyes.

“Sorry, sorry.” He apologized. I said nothing but continued to stare off into space as the car sped on. “First we’re going to meet Aiden first in his place.” Ryui explained. I took my eyes off the nothingness that I had been staring at to focus on the man driving next to me.

“Aiden’s place? Doesn’t he live with his parents; don’t they live at a same place?” I questioned.

“Well, they all live in the Great House: the king, the queen, Aiden and his little sister. But the Great House is quite large; it’s divided into a few separate parts, the eastern, western, northern and southern wing. And there is also the middle building that is used for ceremonial purposes.” Ryui explained while I kept on looking at him. “Aiden currently resides at the Eastern wing while the king and queen place is at the western wing.”

After Ryui fell silent I did not prod him for more conversation. I was busy keeping up with my spinning head, trying to fathom how I was going to face the people that I loved, people that I cared for. The thought of my mom reading this piece of news at this moment and time sickened me. She must be so disappointed in me.

And Alex…

Oh god, Alex! I don’t even want to think how he will react.

“Don’t worry.” Ryui spoke up again. I was about to snapped again but he beat me to it. “The public relation office is working as we speak. Don’t worry; they will come up with something. They always does, the team hired is the best in the country.”

“This kind of thing happened before?” I questioned. Ryui said nothing but nod.

I let out a ragged breath, my eyes landing on the paper again as I dropped my gaze to my lap. With shaking fingers, I picked up the paper again and began reading the actual news located just under the huge picture.

‘The resident of Claymore this morning, will wake up to the most sensational news since the last failed engagement of Princess Eliza, courtesy of House of Storme. Hearts will break across our fair country as the rest of the world to discover the news that our very own crown prince, His Royal Highness Prince Aiden IV is, as evidence shows, to be taken. This picture had been taken at the street of the small suburb of Domicane River, a housing area located just fifteen minutes out of the Outer city. The lucky girl who had stolen the heart of the heir of the Storme House was identified to be a fellow student of the Royale Arts Academy: Miss Fay Lara Addams. Miss Fay is a student of the prestigious academy, currently taking up the course of fashion and textiles and is known to be quite the promising young designer…”