Chapter 27 [Please God, No]

My Roommate is the world biggest jerk 27

Chapter 27 [Please God, No..] 

“So, how do I look?” he spun on his heels and raised his hands so that I can see him better.

All I can do was fold my arms on my chest as I scrutinized him up and down. Finally I smiled. “I think we did it!” Aiden grinned and rushed past me but not before pecking my on the cheeks. He stopped at the counter and paid for the things he had put on.

We were actually going on a date and I was determined to take him to an actually movie theater. Not that he haven’t been to one but today we wanted to have a normal date: me and him lining up for tickets, buying popcorn and stuff like that. Plus we were both sick and tired of having to stay indoors just to avoid the shutter bugs.

So the plan was to disguise the crown prince. Mind you, it sounded easier than done. because unless we plan to squeeze him into a panda suit or anything similar it was actually pretty hard to find a decent disguise that was subtle but one that really hid who he was. Of course we cannot find one that completely hid him but we managed okay.

I smiled as I secretly peeped at Aiden who was sitting next to me during the movie, he had taken off his thick rimmed glasses but his fedora was still in place. Leaning to him and smiling contently I enjoyed the rest of the movie.

Next we headed to the amusement park and rode on the roller coaster, played that shooting game that never let you win and even played the bumper cars: three times in a row! Aiden just love those things. He bought me cotton candy but ended up finishing it himself. We walked around in the park and before leaving we took a ride on the Ferris wheel when the sun was still relatively high on the summer sky, it was hot but we didn’t lingered long enough to get ourselves some sun burn though long enough to share a kiss. And yes, we did kiss at the very top. it was a tremendously amazing day, one of reason to it was because Aiden doesn’t really got to have off days like this often, being who he is he got obligations to fulfill.

We got home and bought dinner for three from a nearby restaurant and ate it together with my mom. She was happy that we started dating again, but then again mom was always cool with whatever I did. My mom did like Aiden a lot; she was thoroughly impressed with his down to earth nature. When I was dating Alex she was just as cool though I had to say she dotes on Aiden more. Aiden was the first boy I had ever brought home and he did left a bit of an impression.

After dinner I pulled Aiden to my backyard. It wasn’t so big but enough to accommodate a low table, two pine trees and a small vegetable patch. On summer nights I love to spread a comforter on the low table and lie on it for hours and just do nothing. As I was lying there with Aiden staring up to the night sky I thanked him for a wonderful day.

He rolled on his side and stared at me.

“I never really had a chance of doing those things before, it was fun.” he noted and I rolled onto my sides too, looking at him.

“How come you haven’t done all those things? Because I know you dated before.” He nodded and lay on his back, head cushioned on his hands.

“Andy wanted it to be a secret and so was I. I thought by keeping it as a secret I was protecting her but in the end it caused us to drift apart and ended our relationship. Andy was very different compared to you,” he said, looking at me for a second before staring back up to the sky again. “She’s... fragile.”

I bit my lips as I felt my insides stirred as he reminisced his previous relationship. But I suppressed the jealousy and whispered to the sky, “But she incredibly patient though, you guys dated for what… two years?”