Chapter 16 [The Date]

My roommate is the world biggest jerk16

Chapter 16 [The Date]

“Let’s lunch together today; it’s been a while since we do that.” Alex suddenly piped in during my conversation with Mary Sue during free period. Mary Sue quickly agreed.

“Now I feel bad not spending lunch with you guys…” I moaned and buried my face in my hand. It was true; it had been a while since I had lunch with the guys. Not that I did not want to but Aiden keep on bringing up safety issues. He did not want me bullied and what not.

It had been a month since the news of our courtship hit the newsstands and national television. You would think that the school bitches and bimbos would get tired of the harassing and bullying, and I personally thought that at some level they had eased up a bit but not Aiden. He was all dictatorship and taking no excuses.

Sure the level of conversation between us had gotten better, he was all smart remarks, arrogant smirk and annoying but it was considerably better than just being ignored. After coming to know him better this past month I had learned a few things about him that I did not know before. Like the fact that he actually likes to eat (in secret) ramen noodles, he spoke 5 languages, preferred jeans over slacks and love to binge on Kit Kat bars. That and the fact that he preferred the falls over summer which something we had in common but I didn’t feel like telling him.

I ended up making the decision of spending lunch with my friends today despite of Aiden. I texted Ryui under my desk: informing him that I was not going to show up today. He replied that it was okay and he got Aiden covered.

It was nice eating lunch with the guys again and it was comfortable regardless that half the girls in the cafeteria was staring daggers at me. Some normalcy settled in me and it was so good being able to enjoy my launch break again, so good that I decided to spend lunch with them again the following day.

I was munching on my homemade pizza I had brought today when my phone beeped signaling an incoming message. I dug in my bag and clicked the blinking green button to read the text.

It was from Aiden, surprisingly enough, demanding to know where the hell I was. I rolled my eyes and replied the text, stating that I was perfectly fine having lunch with my friends at the cafeteria. My phone was silent after that and I resumed eating and chatting with Mary Sue while Josh and Alex were having a discussion of their own.

Mary Sue was chatting away about her mom being away to Paris for a few days now, her fashion empire expending. I was nodding along when suddenly she stopped talking, eyes went round and her lips puckered into a perfect pink o. I looked back and found Aiden, standing behind me with his hands in his pocket.

“Aiden…” his name was all I managed to say, I didn’t expected him to get out and went searching for me.

“Hey, mind if I join you Fay?” he inquired politely, quite unaffected to the fact that he was now the centre of the attention of the whole entire room. Girls that were having lunch were staring at him with round eyes, some were whispering to their friend’s ears.

Frankly I didn’t understand why in the first place Aiden choose to spend his free time alone when he could just eat with everybody else’s. That way every time he stepped into a room the attention won’t be so focused on him, if the kids were used to him, he could just walk around like a normal kid. But Ryui explained to me that it was done under the Queen’s orders and Aiden didn’t seem to mind to be alone most of the times.

I looked round and said nothing. It was Josh who stepped in and invited the prince to sit down. He took the seat next to mine. I leaned to him and whispered, “What are you doing here?”