Chapter 26 [Three Simple Words]

My roommate is the world biggest jerk26

Chapter 26 [Three Simple Words]

With closed eyes, I rolled on my belly while extending my hand and grabbing blindly for the alarm clock that was responsible in waking me up so very early in the morning for no apparent reason at all. It was the first day of summer vacation: I was a high school graduate and last night had been one of the best nights of my seventeen year old life.

The massive graduation blow out that was hosted by Mary Sue was - there were no other words for it - epic. From the number of guests to the music and the food, hell, they could serve stale Cheeto's with bland dip and we would still party like there was no tomorrow. We were high school graduates!

The alarm died away at a press of a button and I snuggled deeper into my pillow.

The climax of the party, in my opinion, was when Aiden showed up with a Dom on his right hand. see, I was no slut but I wasn’t a saint either so one thing lead to another, and we found ourselves ended up in Mary’s bedroom and somehow our conversation took a dangerous turn, with wine spilling and blood heating, we ended up flirting and finally, kissing.

I remembered Aiden's  hot breath on my neck as he was dropping kisses with my fingers knitted in his glorious hair. An empty bottle rolled on the pink carpeted floor as we made out, the dull thump of music from downstairs and our ragged breathing filling in the silence.

I was latching onto his neck, exposed by a couple undid buttons when Aiden suddenly pulled away. As delirious as he was by the consumption of alcohol he was still able to think straight when I was too inebriated to walk a straight line.

I let out a sound of displeasure and Aiden smirked. Then, he called my name.

“Fay…” I smiled, drunken but was still somewhat aware, so I responded to his call.

“Are you sure?” he questioned me, his blue eyes was intense. It was such a shame that the room was half submerged in darkness, I wasn’t able to see him perfectly but I guess I just had to settle my peace with it.

“Sure about what?” I asked him back, cocking my head out of confusion. I saw Aiden bite his lower lips as I did so, and a sober part of me wondered if he liked what he was seeing, me, in a flimsy black dress, my hair in complete disarray tumbling past my shoulder with pouty lips. Because honest to God, I really loved what I was seeing, him, in a simple white shirt and black jeans and hair tousled. Sometime seeing him like this made me forget who he actually was. Because sometime it was hard for me to get my mind around the fact that he was the crown prince and I used to be in love with him.

It was harder to believe that he used to love me too.

I tried to forget those things all year but now it was there again and it was screaming in my face, and try as I might, I was still in love with him now. In truth, I don’t think I had ever gotten over him.

I smiled and cupped my hand on his jugular. “Send me home, I think I’m really drunk.”

Aiden was drunk too so he called Ryui to pick us up. I was ecstatic seeing my old friend again I all but pounced on him when he slipped out of the car.

“Good to see you too Fay.” He hugged me back and later, sent me home. I did not know why exactly but Aiden decided to stay with me. We ended up talking all night long and I really did not remember what had taken place after that.

I rolled sideways, opened my eyes with a start and found myself staring at the back of Aiden’s head, his dark hair disheveled. Panicked, I got up and was relieved to find myself still fully dressed. Carefully I got myself out of the bed and into my bathroom. Facing the mirror I began to unravel what had taken place last night. As far as I can recall, nothing that had happened was uncalled for, we talked and sure, there was a brush at Mary Sue that was a bit impulsive but that was the alcohol’s doing.