The Inter-House Dueling Championship @willowwhisps

Show off your dueling skills as you fight to earn the title of Ilvermorny Dueling Champion!

The Championship is single elimination and the Champion earns the Dueler's Cup for their House.

Each contestant must be a fourth-year or above to compete.

Duels will be held in the Basement Arena in the Wampus Common Room.

To sign up, speak to your Head of House. Sign-ups end December 1. Matches begin after Christmas Break.

Rules:
1. The only objects allowed into the arena at the beginning of the duel are contestants and their wands.
2. Contestants must stay within the bounds of the protective rune circle at all times throughout the duel. Leaving the circle will be considered a forfeit.
3. Duels are to be held only at the specified times. Tardiness will be considered a forfeit.
4. Dark magic and excessively violent curses are strictly prohibited.
5. The duel ends if, a) one or both of the contestants are unable to continue the duel; b) one of the contestants surrenders, or c) a judge or referee ends the duel.
6. No magic is to be used by either of the contestants once a duel is ended. Doing so is grounds for disqualification.
7. If a judge or referee must end the duel before one of the contestants is defeated or surrenders, the judges will determine the winner.
8. Sportsmanship is a must. Please shake hands with your opponent before and after the duel.