Ilvermorny's LBGTQ+ perspectives

Ilvermorny is home to the largest LGBTQ+ community among the 8 Great Wizarding Schools and is globally recognized as a safe haven for LGBTQ+ students

Ilvermorny is home to the largest LGBTQ+ community among the 8 Great Wizarding Schools and is globally recognized as a safe haven for LGBTQ+ students. This is due to the school's acceptance of individual differences and its embracement of all students, regardless of their sexual orientation. Though the school adhered to traditional gender and sexuality norms for over 300 years, Headmaster Fontaine's progressive leadership and example have led to a shift in ideology during the early 21st century. In 1991, Professor Agilbert Fontaine introduced a set of rules to protect LGBTQ+ individuals from discrimination and penalties. Any offenders caught are dealt with according to the severity of their crime, although such incidents are rare. Students are encouraged to report any rule violations, and rewarded with points for doing so. The Headmaster, a staunch supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, also champions their cause. Moreover, the school has its very own Pride Parade, which is unique among other wizarding schools, and a dedicated LGBTQ+ club. 

Ilvermorny is committed to accepting and embracing our LGBTQ+ students for who they truly are, without judgment or discrimination. You are welcome here, and this can be your haven, where you can feel at home and be your true self. Remember, you are not alone. We are always here to listen, support, and talk to you whenever you need us.