Steward Square

In one tiny corner of Adams, Massachusetts, on the banks of the Hoosic River, lies a mostly wizarding community named Steward Square

In one tiny corner of Adams, Massachusetts, on the banks of the Hoosic River, lies a mostly wizarding community named Steward Square. The Square is actually made up of several small streets with names such as Wampus, Hodag, Dryad, Nixie, Boot, Sayre, and so forth. Although technically it is not No-Maj-proof, the community goes largely unnoticed by anyone without magical blood. Much of the Square is occupied by shops and stores. All have a hint of magic, though many are No-Maj chain stores and similar. Residents live on the floors above the shops. Ilvermorny's Quidditch stadium is in the Sayre Memorial Park on Boot Street.

Students at Ilvermorny are allowed to visit Steward Square as much as they like. These trips to town usually happen during the weekend or after school. The students hike down to the entrance portals, located inside the Massachusetts War Veterans Memorial Tower, and go through a specific portal that leads to the bottom of the mountain (advisors check to ensure that the students have their Gordian Knot pendants with them so that they can return to the school). Students who live in Steward Square, or in the surrounding area are allowed to go into the portal and go home if they desire.

 Students who live in Steward Square, or in the surrounding area are allowed to go into the portal and go home if they desire

When the students go through the portal, they emerge in an enormous hole between the roots of an old, gnarled spruce tree. They climb out of the hole and walk the hidden path to Steward Square where they all let loose to entertain themselves. The most popular places among students are Gresko's Candy Store, the Fairylight Cinema, The Seam (a wand shop), Magical Musicians, Greylock's Glen Inn, Ilvermorny Pride Shop, Quodpot, and Quidditch Supplies, Tomes and Scrolls, The Cauldron Shop, The Quill Shop, the Stationary and Supply Spot (A general store), and, of course, restaurants and fast-food joints like Chipotle, Starbucks, Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Demiguise Express (which makes great burgers and hotdogs), Coomloughra Irish Pub (An authentic Irish pub that has Irish music sessions every Sunday and is a popular hangout spot for Saint Patrick's Day), Thunderbird Barbeque, Little Caesars, Hag's Glen Brewing Company, Snallygaster Ice Cream, Starbucks, and the famous Sucre Bleu Sweet Shop and Bakery. The birthplace of No-Maj suffragist Susan B. Anthony is actually located within the vicinity of Steward Square. At sunset or before, the students must return to the tree and go back through the portal to return to school.