22: New Years

So I was planning on getting this published yesterday but my dog died so I ended up getting preoccupied. Great way to start 2021 I say. Anyway...

This will just be a short. It won't affect any of the actual story and will not reference anything from the last chapter.

Third POV

It was the 31st of December. The day before the whole group spent the day celebrating Hiroshis' 19th birthday. ARMYs sent well wishes and birthday messages through every platform on which the boys were active. The group, along with staff members and the UA students, were now in New York Times Square getting ready to perform at the Ball Drop to start the new year. Because of their rise in popularity in the US, they were asked to perform.

They were going to perform last, so they were gonna close out the year with a BAM. They were planning on performing DNA and Mic Drop. Both songs were highly popular in the Americas. They met lots of other performers, who planned to be part of the show, as they prepared and went over the schedule. Among them were Post Malone, Mariah Carey, Talyor Swift, Camilla Cabello and Shawn Mendes, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber and other famous artists.

Izuku was super excited, but also super shy when they met Justin Bieber. He was fanboying so much that the others thought he might explode. The others were also super excited when they met the popular American celebrities. As they discussed and reviewed the design and set up of the stage. Since they were going last they had to prepare around other acts and plan out the situations if something were to happen beforehand. It was smooth sailing all the way through the planning process.

Time skip

It was dark and the streets of Time Square were filled to the brim with people. So far the New Years' Eve concert went perfectly. Each performance was spectacular; the fans cheered and the announcers danced along to the music. There were many in the crowd that was waiting for BTS to take the stage. They were waiting in anticipation for the performance that they expected BTS to make the greatest of the night.

The popular group that people were waiting for all night was all in a conference room, in a building close to the stage, that staff had converted into a dressing room. Makoto, Daisuke, and Susumu were getting the makeup done; Kenta was sleeping on a blanket he threw on the floor; Ryo was getting dressed in his outfit; and Hiroshi and Izuku? They were making mischief. They got one of the handheld cameras and began to go around to each of the members, teasing them and goofing around. When he finished up where he was, Daisuke later joined in.

The time came for all of them to finally make their way to the stage. They exited the building and the UA students formed a circle around them as fans were trying to get to them. The fans were more difficult to deal with since many of them were drunk. Eventually, everyone made it to the stage. They got in their positions as they were told the commercials, which were before their introduction, were about to be over. Getting into position for DNA, they were given the cue to start. The music began and in sync, with the music, so did they.

(Ignore the award announcement and the countdown clock)

After the group finished the two songs, they crowded together and the announcers started to talk about the end of the year. All of the performers of the night joined the group as the last minute of the year began to be counted down. When The clock hit midnight everyone celebrated and cheered for the new year. There were cheers in the crowd and among the people on stage. It was a fun way to end the year and start a new one.

680 words

Happy New Year! Let's hope for a fun year and one that is better than 2020.