12: Lunch and Rumors

Bakugo POV

I look out the window of the car and see a library?

"WHY THE HELL ARE WE AT A LIBRARY?!"

I look at Izuku in question but I just get the usual smile. The doors on either side of us open and we get out. Izuku stands on the sidewalk, waiting for me to come around the car. I walk up to him and notice his head is down and his bodyguards are behind him looking around making sure they aren't noticed. He turns to me and hands me a black mask. "I forgot to mention in the car that while we're out you should keep this on. That way if we are spotted you probably won't be recognized." I nod and take it before strapping it on. "So-" Izuku silences quickly as a group of girls passes by. I watch as they walk by us and continue down the street before turning my attention back to Izuku as he continues speaking. 'I guess he really does have to be careful when he is out in public' I thought. "As I was saying, so are you ready to eat?"

We make our way into the library and walk to the back where the checkout desks were. There wasn't a line but 2 of the 3 checkouts were occupied. I follow Izuku to the open desk. "Hello, how may I help you this afternoon?" The checkout lady asks politely. "Hello, I would like to buy a book." I look at Izuku confused. I thought we were getting lunch. "Alright, do you have the title?" She asks. "Of course. It's 'A Musical Life' (Not Real)" She looks up from her computer before quickly looking back at the screen. "How many copies would you like to check out?" "2 copies please," Izuku states calmly. At this point, I am utterly fucking confused.

(A/N I don't know if you can buy a book at a real library but in this book, you can)

"Please wait a moment while I grab the books from the back." Izuku nods in conformation and turns to face me and lean back onto the desk. "Alright, what the fuck is going on Izuku?" I hiss "I thought we were getting lunch?" I state quite annoyed and hungry. "We are. Just be patient." I huff and cross my arms across my chest. We are waiting there for about 5 minutes before the lady comes back with 2 books. As she gives me the stack of books while Izuku asks where the bathroom is. We are told it's down the hall. Izuku thanks her and ushers me to follow him.

We are walking down the hall and stop at a black door with 'Bathroom' labeled in bold letter on the door. Strangely there is a card scanner above the door handle. Izuku turns to me and takes the top book off the stack. Holding the book in his hand he looks up at me, "Open the book Kaachan" Izuku tells me mysteriously. I look between him and the book a few times before opening the cover to the book. My eyes widen in disbelief. The book is a secret box. In the box are two things. A badge and a card. I look back up to Izuku a see that he already has the badge on and card out. "Keep the badge on until we leave so you don't get kicked out." I put the badge on as the two bodyguards grab the books/boxes that held the secret items. "Izuku?" I question as he swipes his card under the scanner, "hmm" "Where the fuck are we really?" I copy Izuku and scan my own card as I wait for his response. "We are at a lunch cafe known only to idols and their closest friends." I look at Izuku. 'He trusts me this much to take me here. Even after everything I put him through.'

"Why'd you take me" "W-well I th-thought it would be nice and it's pri-private so we can catch up without being interrupted," Izuku said with a signature cute eye smile. What I didn't know is that it took every ounce of his will power not to blush and faint out of embarrassment. 'OMG, what if this was a date. This would be the perfect place. UGH, I wish it was!' I thought while suppressing my own blush.

Izuku POV

We get inside the cafe and go to our table. A few minutes after we sit down a waiter comes to our table with 2 menus. "So what are you going to get Kaachan? I think I'm going to just get a small bowl of katsudon, a croissant, and an espresso." Ever since I had the tour in France I have found that I really like the combination of a croissant and espresso. "Hmm, I think I go for two spicy curry buns and a coke." I nod. "Oh, good idea I heard from one of my friends that the curry buns are really good. The waiter comes back and we tell him our orders.