PACE THIRTY FIVE: A Queen, an Attempted Murder and a War

[Amethyst]

A year after I coincidentally saw Winter at Baryn Area: December 3...

I suppose this day of the year became more memorable to me after what happened that time...

It was my first kiss, after all...

Without even thinking, my forefinger touched my lips...

It has been a year since then, but I still couldn’t obliviate his warm, soft lips and that sweet, passionate kiss...

I thought I could completely forget about him after giving in to my desire, but it just made me miss him even more...

I removed my finger on my lips, fidgeting with it...

He didn’t greet me or give me any gift that day, for I know there was no chance for me to tell him about my birthday... or perhaps, it just didn’t cross my mind, much less the fact that he didn’t query me about it.

After encountering Soyer Clevier again in Soralis, ten months ago, my mind finally became occupied by something else.

Soyer was the pianist who won second place at the Musician’s Contest, back at Kilick’s dimension.

It actually shocked me to discover that he is also a Soralisian, but on the other hand, I am glad that I have encountered him once again.

I owe him my fame now, after all...

I turn my gaze at the window of our vehicle, looking at a distance...

“Hey, Amey, are you ready to celebrate your birthday today with a bang?” Soyer playfully queried while his Ani Spirit---Hammy, a squirrel with beaver and chestnut brown fur---is on the top of his head. “There’s only ten minutes left before our concert starts.”

I smiled at him, “Of course, I am ready now...”

“That’s good to know, because I’m so ready for this, either.” he uttered while having such a wide smile on his face. “You know, I didn’t imagine that the band I created would make such a name around the area of Soralis and Baryn...”

I giggled, “I actually didn’t expect it, either, but I suppose I should thank you for that.”

“Huh?”

“You played a big part for my greatest dream to come true, Soyer... Because of you, I already fufilled my dream to become a musician... It wasn’t exactly what I hoped for, but still, I am a musician, now... In the process, my self-assurance improved so much, my circle of friends became big enough through the help of our bandmates.”

“Well... the Queen of Soralis played a huge part in making us popular, I guess...”

“Yes, I suppose you are right.”

He took a glace at his wristwatch, “Oh, it’s about time, let’s go up the stage, now.”

“Alright.” I muttered, standing up from my seat inside our band’s vehicle. Soon after, we got out from there and went up on the stage---a purpose-built stage just for this concert of ours.

After all, this will be the first time we will perform outside a building...

All of the members---including me---went up the stage through the stairs on its left side.

The instant we set foot in there, the people in front yelled and cheered us on.

My heart began throbbing in my chest like our drummer’s already striking his drums, but in spite of that, I smiled at the crowd.