PACE NINE: Sickness

[Winter]

The day has passed very quickly; I’m already at our house, eating a snack in my room while laying on my bed with my forearm under my head.

I wish I got more time to spend with Amethyst earlier, but a thirty-minute break wouldn’t be enough to know her a lot better, especially if the one whose always talking is her close friend...

“No! Please, do not drop it!” I suddenly heard a voice from afar that caught my attention.

From how low the voice, I’d say the distance of it is kind of one kilometer or more from here...

Although, what made me more curious to that voice was the tone of it. Her voice was full of discomfort.

Plus... that voice seems familiar... I-I think it’s from Amethyst...

“Change your decision and I’ll spare the necklace.”

Huh?! That’s Rieshay’s voice!

Now, I’m sure the girl’s voice was really from Amethyst!

I should help her! I think she needs some help!

Wearing only a white t-shirt and a boxer short at that moment; I rushed to put on a jogging pants and a blue hoody jacket.

I almost run down the stairs just to quickly get to where Amethyst is.

But then, I became too disappointed when rain suddenly fell down from the sky before I could even stepped outside of the front door.

I couldn’t help but bit my lower lip and furrowed my eyebrows while looking at the raindrops falling down on the ground.

I want to help her, but it’s not like I could reveal my true form to them as simple as that. It may create so much problem for me and my Mom...

I’m so sorry, Amethyst, but I can’t help you right now...

When I looked up at the dark clouds, I suddenly spotted a brown and white eagle flew up from the house across ours.

Wait...

Did that eagle actually came from Amethyst’s house...?

“Winter, it’s raining! You shouldn’t go outside!” Mom shouted from the kitchen. “Let’s have some dinner, now!”

“A-ah, s-sure, Mom! I’m coming!”

~***~

I wasn’t able to sleep too well last night, because I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about Amethyst...

I couldn’t help her, so my mind wasn’t at ease throughout the night. To add, I saw an eagle which is rare in here, too.

Even with a bit of a headache, I forced myself to go to the Academy and study...

When the lunch break came, I decided to go to the Juniors hallway again, wanting to check on Amethyst and invite her to eat lunch with us.