PACE THIRTY: Prince of Hayprinian Tribe

[Winter]

For about more than two hours of walking, we finally reached the Haypri City as what Xannia said. It was kind of hard to walk, because of the snow, but somehow, we managed...

There, modern houses and armor or weapon shops are almost everywhere.

I can also see some high buildings from afar and one of those buildings is a hospital, I think...

It’s amazing at some point...

I realized it’s more active and lively here than the village, because this place is bustling with people... Some have cat ears and some have normal ears, which made me think that they are Barynians...

“Lei!!” a man suddenly called as we are passing by, catching our attention. He waved his hand at Xannia---or should I say---Lei from a nearby weapon shop.

“Oh, Father!” she said, running towards him.

I instantly followed her even with a little feeling of surprise inside me.

She hugged him the moment she reached him.

I guess she missed her Dad a lot...

“Is he the Prince that your cousin mentioned?” he asked as he break their hug.

“Yes, he is.” Lei cheerfully replied to him.

“He looks a lot like his Mother; the Queen.”

“Do you often see my biological mother, Mister?” I curiously asked.

“Not so often, but at least, I already got an audience with the King and Queen for about ten times already.”

“He sometimes face the Royal couple to negotiate about weapons... Father is the greatest weapon craftsman in the whole Area of Haypri, after all...” Lei stated.

“Really? That’s amazing...”

“Yes.” she giggled.

Her Dad laughed, seeming a little embarrassed by my compliment, “By the way, must I say that my daugther is so lucky to be chosen by His Majesty to be your---”

“I-I think we should head to the Palace, now.” Lei said, cutting her Dad off by putting her palm on his mouth. “We’ll be off now, Father. Be careful on your way home to the village, all right?”

“A-alright, Lei.”

But I wonder why she stopped him from talking... I think what he’s about to say is something regarding to the King...

When we started walking again, I decided to ask Lei about what his father wanted to say there, but she kind of avoided the topic, so I didn’t insist on knowing.

“Hey, um, I just thought... What will I call you from now on...? Lei or Xannia?” I asked.

“Neither of the two would be fine, but if it is you, I would really prefer that you call me Xannia.”

“Oh... Then, Xannia it is.” I stated, smiling at her.

Then, after a few minutes...

“We’re finally here.” she looked up at the large and high gold gate in front of us.

“What is your business here?!” a man in an armor at the side of the gate suddenly asked, catching me by a surprise.

That almost made my heart jump!

I think he’s like a guard here or should I say a... Knight...?

“Excuse us, I am Lei Vons---the daugther of Keil Vons. I am with the missing son of the King and Queen. Please, let us get an audience with them.”