PACE TWENTY FIVE: A Feeling of Worry and a Warm Hug

I spent that whole morning walking and finding Amey around the vicinity of Lime Street and other streets, too...

I was already panting when I got back to her house, thinking that she might finally be at home...

While bending down and resting my hands on my knees, I looked up at her house...

Where is she...?

Still panting, I decided to rang the doorbell, again.

Then, I got a little nervous when I heard someone unlocking the gate from the inside.

But when I saw Amey opened the gate, I felt so much relief that my body moved on its own...

I instanly walked closer to her and hugged her tight.

“I-I’m happy you’re safe, Amey...” I whispered to myself.

It lasted for a few seconds before she suddenly pushed me away from her, “What the heck are you doing?!”

“I-I’m sorry, I-I got carried away by my emotions too much... I searched almost everywhere just to find you... I got so worried about y---”

“Stop it!” she cried out, making my body jerk. Her face... She seems so angry... “This whole circumstance annoys me! Did you even look at yourself in the mirror?! I don’t...” she trailed off like she’s trying to calm herself down, breathing deeply, in and out. “Just learn to live without me, Winter... We belong to different tribes that are in opposition to one another. There is no use worrying or thinking about me anymore.”

“But Amey... It’ll be hard---”

She turned away from me and looked at her feet, “Perhaps, if something evil occurs to your foster mother, you will certainly loathe the culprit...” she mumbled to herself that made me stop from talking.

I felt confused when I heard it...

What did she mean by ‘foster mother’?

Is she actually referring to me...?

“What are you talking about, Amey?” I asked while my eyebrows are furrowed.

She seriously looked up at me again, “You thought I was missing, right? Truth to tell, I went to the dimension of Alliria and investigate quite many about your mother and your true identity.”

“True... identity...?”

“I have clarified that your mother---Raimy Aldrein---is the wife of the man who killed my mother.”

My eyes widen upon hearing that and I felt like my heart skipped a beat.

My body stiffened...

With my mouth hanging open, I gulped as a sweat flow down my spine.

“We also discovered something about your real identity in our investigation in Haypri Area... But it is still something we are not certain of, so I can’t tell it to you... Although, there is this fact that I should tell you---Raimy Sarchie Aldrein is not your biological mother.” she added, emphasizing the words ‘not’ and ‘biological mother’.

Then, after saying those, she closed their gate; leaving me with more questions in my head...

This is the first time I heard about the surname of Da---or should I say, the surname of Mom’s husband...

Thinking more of this made my breathing so heavy...

Too much pain.... Too many revelations...

I feel like I’m going to collapse any second now...

Why...?

Why did my life suddenly turn out this way?!