17 | Unforgivable

Y/N POV

I was sitting in the school lounge typing my english assignment when I felt two arms wrap around me.

"Hey sweetie," Reggie said hugging me.

"Hey," I said leaning into the hug. "What's up?" I asked, closing my laptop screen and looking at him.

Reggie came around and sat next to me and swung his arm around my shoulder.

"Well as you know, the merge between Southside High and Riverdale High will happen tomorrow," he paused.

I raised a brow him, "Yes," I said urging him to continue.

"Well love, I want to set up some ground rules," he said.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Just for you to be safe," he reasoned.

"You honestly think they'll pull something on me in school?" I scoffed.

"I mean, I wouldn't put it past them,"

I scoffed again, "Reggie, they are people too okay! And I am not your girlfriend, so you can't control me," I spoke harshly before getting up and leaving to my locker.

Not knowing that my words hurt him more than he'd like to admit.

I was at my locker when he came behind me and spoke softly, "Your right. You're not my girlfriend, but I do care about you so much and love you. That's what I'm afraid of, that they'll use you to get to me," he sughed at the end.

I closed my locker and looked at him. He gave me a sad look and I hugged him, wuth my head on his shoulder.

"I can't promise you anything, but I can promise you one thing. If I sense something is wrong if ever I am around them I will come straight to you," I said still hugging him.

He pulled me back and looked at me with a smile.

"I'll take what I can get," he said.

~The Next Day~

I was with Veronica at the station she had set up to help the Southside High students transition be more easier.

I was going through the papers one more time, until I heard the doors open and the usual commotion in the school quiet down.

I looked up and saw a herd of students wearing leather or dark clothing, with  pierings or colored hair.

They approached us and Veronica introduced them to tye school, while I just stood there looking at this boy that was loterally sticking out of the crowd.

He had raven-black hair, a tanned complexion, a snake tattoo crawling up his neck and was super tall. Dare I say taller than Reggie.

And just as I thought of him, he appeared marching beside Cheryl with a hard look.

He stopped next to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulder and smiling softly at me before giving the Southside High students an uncaring look.

He spoke but I tuned it out, watching the way the tall boy was responding to Reggie.

Out of nowhere I piped in, "What's your name?"

He looked down at me, and smirked, "Sweet Pea,"

I smiled, but it dropped when I was pulled away amd Cheryl stepped into Reggies place and began insulting them.

"What the hell was that?" asked Reggie angrily.

"What do you mean?" I returned.

"You just asking for that snakes name out of nowhere!" he exclaimed.

"Well, sorry. Curiousity got the best of me," I shrugged and walked away, leaving him standing there.

Reggie was still glued to his spot when he yelled, "Curious about what?!" grabbing the attention of the entire hallway, including Sweet Pea.

I just smiled and bit my lip as I continued to walk, not responding to him at all.

~3 months later~

Ever since the merge, I've been spending a lot of time with the Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea.

It all started when I was assigned as Sweet Pea's partner on a group project and we've just bonded real good.

Of course, with Sweet Pea, you are bound to become good friends with Toni and Fangs.

Reggie has accepted my new friends and made progress like not insulting them when he comes to see me. More specifically he ignores them and just focuses on me.

I was sitting in the lounge with Reggie on one if the couch leaning on him as we were talking about the upcoming school play, when Sweet Pea, Fangs and Toni joined us.

"Hey y/n!" said Toni as she came to hug me and sat down beside me.

"Hey Toni," I beamed at her. "Hey guys," I then spoke to Sweet Pea and Fangs.

"Look I'm gonna go get a drink," said Reggie as he smiled at me and got up and went to the vending machine.

As soon as he left, Sweet Pea took his place beside me.

"Honestly, what do you see in him," he asked, giving me an unintentional sexy look.

"What do you mean?" I asked breathlessly.

"I mean why are you dating a douchebag like him?" Sweet Pea clarified.

I rolled my eyes. "Look I don't allow Reggie to make fun of you, so that doesn't mean I'll tolerate yours. Besides I am not dating Reggie, he's just my best friend," I replied.

"Oh so you're single?" he asked smirking.

I smiled at him about to respond, when he was all of a sudden pulled up from his seat by Reggie.

"You got some nerve pulling a stunt like that in front of me!" growled Reggie as he began punching Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea managed to lay some punches on Reggie, when I decided to step in.

"Reggie! Stop!" I struggled to pull him back, but all of a sudden I felt I sharp blow in my shoulder and I fell back into a table and onto the floor.

That stopped the fight and has both boys running to my side.

"Shit! Y/n! Are you okay?? I didn't mean to elbow you -" Reggie began to apologize but I cut him off by raising my hand.

I glanced at Sweet Pea, "Your lips busted as well as your eyebrow," I said, softly touching his face.

"Let's get you to the nurse," I spoke as I stood up.

"I am more concerned with you, are you ok?" he asked worriedly.

"Yeah, let's just go to the nurse," I said dragging him by the hand.

Reggie was about to speak up, but I was too quick, "Stop it Reggie. Just stay here okay?!" I said in a cold tone and proceeded to the nurse's office.
Leaving a sad and broken Reggie.

At the nurse's office I was helping Sweet Pea claen up his cuts and bruises when he spoke up, "That was a little harsh don't you think?"

"Supporting a bulldog now eh?" I asked jokingly.

He chuckled, "No. I just feel sorry for the guy.  You know he didn't mean to hurt you. I could tell from tje way he looks at you, he'd never hurt you intentionally," he said quietly.

I smiled at Sweet Pea's thoughtfulness,  "I know, but I told him to stay because you guys might fight again," I explained.

Sweet Pea nodded.

"Besides he needs to learn he can't go around beating guys who flirts with me. Especially one that I like, one day he might do something truly unforgivable" I said smirking at the end.

Sweet Pea looked at me and smiled.

"Well for you, I'd gladly get beaten up for," he said smiling.

___●●●_______________________________