14 | Peculiar 2

___●●●_______________________________

Y/N POV

Sweet Pea. That name has been all I could think about.

"What's on your mind sweetheart?" asked my dad.

"Huh? Oh just thinking about something I found out yesterday," I replied being brought out of my daze. Here I am sitting and suppose to be having breakfast with my dad yet Iam too busy thinking about Sweet Pea.

"I saw you hanging out with that Mr Keller yesterday," stated my dad while biting into his pancakes.

"Yeah, it's been a long time since I saw Kevin... I really missed him," I said chuckling at the end.

"I was about to come talk to you but you disappeared from the hallways brfore I could reach you," he said looking at me expectantly.

"Dad not many students know I'm your daughter. People might be scared to hang out with me if they know that I am the principal's daughter," I sighed.

He just laughed and said, "Well don't expect that to be a secret for long." Immediately, I knew he was up to something. But then Sweet Pea popped up into my head, "Dad, what is that boy, Sweet Pea's, real name?" I asked nonchalantly.

His smile dropped, "Why?" he asked calmly.

"Because don't you find it weird that it's Sweet Pea? I mean that's obviously a nickname right?" I said.

He shook his head and chuckled, "I would tell you but student-teacher confidentiality,"

I groaned and got up, "That's not even a thing." I stormed out and headed for school.

Sweet Pea's POV

I walk into school and go to the lounge where Fangs and Kevin are hanging out with Toni and Cheryl. I glance around to see if Y/n is here but she's not.

Idiot. Why did you do that! I thought to myself as I headed over to the two pairs of people realxing in the middle of the room.

"Hey," I said and sat down on an empty couch.

"Well hello, look who decided to come to school," mocked Toni.

I rolled my eyes, "What the hell is that supppse to mean?"

"Man you look fresh... did you actually groomed yourself for school?" said Fangs leaning close to me and sniffing the air. "Holy shit, that's a new cologne," he continued looking at me bizarre.

"What! I always groom myself before school," I stated.

"But this type of grooming is not for yourself, no when boys groom themselves like this it's for a crush," smirked Fangs.

"Woah, don't tell me it's the new girl," laughed Toni.

"Don't be stupid," I grunted and leaned back into the chair crossing my arms.

"It is! Ha I knew it, the way you blushed at her apologizing to you yesterday was a total dead giveaway. In fact I don't think I have ever seen you blush," gushed Toni.

I groaned.

"Wait are you guys talking about Y/n?" piped in Kevin.

"Yeah," I said but instantly regretted it as Toni and Fangs started teasing me. But none of us had miss the look Kevin gave to Cheryl.

"What?" I asekd looking between Cheryl and Kevin.

"Nothing, really. I was just wondering how the father would react if you two were dating," said Kevin smoothly.

"Now, now Kevin. I'm sure Principal Weatherbee has no more hate for Southside or the Serpents," said Cheryl smiling.

"What?! Her dad is Principal Weatherbee?" I asked shocked.

"Yea, her parents got a divorce and she went to live with her mum for the last two years and now she is here with Principal Weatherbee," said Kevin quietly.

I was about to respond when Y/n had walked in the lounge.

"Good morning! Mind if I join?" sge asked looking at me.

"Uh no?" I stuttered.

She smiled, "I'll take what i can get," she spoke before sitting next to me and opening a Pop's take out bag and eating her burger.

"Woah didn't you eat breakfast?" asked Kevin jokingly.

Swallowing a mouthful she spoke up, "No, my dad was being mean and annoyed me so I left early,"

"What did he do?" asked Kevin suddenly interested.

"He's being selfish with student information," she said in disbelief and I smirked looking her knowing what she meant. Feeling my gaze, she glanced at me and also smirked causing me to freeze.

Luckily, Kevin spoke up and pulled her gaze away from me.

"But it's part of his job," reasoned Kevin.

"Oh please, he would talk to me about all the students and their personal information and now he is acting all professional," Y/n scoffed.

She was about to continue when the bell rang, to which everybody quickly made their way to class except for the two of us who were still seated on the couch.

"So you asked your dad about me, boy am I flattered," I smirked at her.

She stood up and moved in front of me, "Don't get the wrong idea, it was just about your name," she rolled her eyes.

Still sitting I glanced up at her, "And why is that? Do you find me interesting" I asked raising a brow.

She smirked, "Yeah I do. I find you very interesting," she simply stated and turned to leave.

Before she left the lounge she looked back slyly, "And who knows maybe if you found me interesting we could probably meet at Pop's after school at 4," she said smoothly before leaving.

Leaning back I shook my head at my sudden confidence with her, but then smiled at her last statement.

Oh, I am definitely going to Pop's, I thought to myself.

___●●●_______________________________