Chapter 17 - Ariana

For the next week it was torture. They had me in a very small room with a bed, a bathroom, and a refrigerator. It didn't have any windows and the door was locked at all times. It was like I was in prison. Xavier showed me a video of my funeral and I started crying while Bobby was speaking. I just wished I could go hug him and show him I'm still alive. I hate doing this to him. Xavier visits me every day probably to just make sure I'm not going crazy. He told me that Magneto already knows I'm dead and he has been hovering around the campus checking to make sure I'm actually gone. The room I'm in has some sort of metal surrounding it so he can't sense my powers. Xavier has been teaching me how to keep my mind calm so that when I finally do get out of here Magneto won't be able to hurt me anymore. Xavier says that the only reason Magneto can control me like that is because I am afraid of my powers and I let them control me and since my powers are metal that means magneto can control them. So all Xavier is trying to do is let me control my own powers and Magneto won't be able to hurt me anymore. He says I am coming along and I will be able to control them within the week and I hope he is right because I can't stand being in this room anymore.

*3 Days Later*

Xavier told me today that I will be getting out of here and get to tell Bobby that I'm alive. But first I have to pass a test to make sure that Magneto won't be able to hurt me anymore. I am still in training but as long as I can do it once then it will be safer and eventually he won't be able to hurt me anymore. I just hope that I pass this test so I can tell Bobby today because I am sick of not seeing him and knowing that he is in pain.

I walked into the room where I was taking the test which felt amazing because it was a huge room and I was starting to get really claustrophobic in that little room. The test wasn't a test where I get things thrown at me or I have to defeat something I pretty much just have to use my powers without messing up and then keep Xavier from reading my thoughts. Xavier won't be using his full force to read my mind he will be using about 50% since that's about how powerful Magneto's control over me is. We started the test and I used my powers flawlessly. Then we moved onto the mind reading part and I could feel Xavier trying to get into my head but I was blocking him out. I felt him start to push harder until the feeling just disappeared.

"Good job Ariana. You passed. Now let's go tell Bobby."

"Hallelujah." I said as I pulled the door open for Xavier to go through. I followed after him and breathed deeply once we were outside the room. We walked outside and I had to squint to get my eyes to adjust to the light. We went down the long pathway that lead back to the X-Mansion. We got to the front doors and I just stopped and stared at them. Xavier touched my arm and I started to pull on the handle. I opened the door and saw the big entryway where I had first met Bobby. I turned and walked towards Xavier's office. Xavier followed me and then I'm guessing he sent Bobby a mind message to come to his office. There was a knock at the door a minute or so later and my entire body stiffened. The door slowly opened and he walked in. He didn't see me at first but his face when he did was heartbreaking. He turned around and walked back out.

"Bobby! Wait!" I said running after him.

"No!" He yelled back as he jumped on an Ice slide.

I Quickly created metal wall in front of him and he ran right into it.

"Sorry!" I said running over to him and helping him up.

"No you're dead! We buried you!" He said running away from me.

"Please Bobby. I never died!" I watched as he turned around and his face softened. I saw relief and pain and a lot of other emotions. He walked over to me and slowly put his hand on my cheek and slid it to behind my neck. I watched as he leaned towards me. I felt his lips press against mine and I took my limp arms and put them around his neck. He pulled away and just stared at me. I was about to say something when he cut me off.

"I love you so much." He said the smile on his face growing.

"I love you too." I said kissing him again.