Chapter 8 - Ariana

Chapter 8 - Ariana

I was so mad at James. I couldn't believe that he would try to hurt Bobby like that. Bobby walked me to my room and talked to me for a while. He made a good point that I'm moving really fast with a guy that I met barely a week ago. We were sitting on my bed just talking when I saw something click on in Bobby's mind. In the next second he was leaning in to kiss me. I didn't pull away and I just closed my eyes and kissed him. It felt like fireworks were going off in my head. I knew this was wrong because I was still with James but it felt so right. He grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of him. Not a second later the door opened and all I saw was James pull me off of Bobby and start beating the living hell out of him. I tried to stop him but he wouldn't let up and Bobby was limp. Finally I stepped into action and encased James in a thick coating of metal except for his mouth so he could breath. I pushed him off of Bobby and attempted to carry him to the hospital room downstairs. Before I could even get him off the bed Scott and the professor were at my door. Scott grabbed Bobby and brought him to Storm. Xavier asked me to take the metal off of James and let them talk. I did and left the room but not far enough so I couldn't hear anything. There was a lot of yelling which is strange for Xavier, but I guess James deserved it. I ran downstairs after listening for a while to check on Bobby. His face was very puffy and his eye was already getting black. He was still unconscious.

"Is he okay?" I asked storm who was holding ice on his face.

"Yeah don't worry he will be fine. It will just take a little time for him to wake up and his face will be a little beaten for a couple weeks."

"It looks like he's waking up." I said watching his eyes slowly open.

"I'll give you two some time to talk." Said storm walking out.

"Bobby, I'm so sorry! I tried to stop him and he is insane! I am so stupid! I thought he was good and I just ignored all the signs! I thought even if he was bad I could change him and he would be good! I can't believe I kissed that guy! I can't believe I actually liked him and he would do that to you!" Before I could continue Bobby's lips were pressed against mine. I hadn't even noticed that he had gotten up.

"Since the moment I first saw you I have been wanting to kiss you and no idiot could ruin that moment."

"Really since you first saw me?"

"Yeah, you never noticed?"

"No, really I thought you thought of me as like a little sister or just a requirement to pass because the professor asked you to make me feel welcome."

"You really thought that? I thought I was going to die when I saw you with James, when I saw you two kiss I wanted to kill him and cry all at the same time."

"Wait, you saw us kiss?"

"Yeah, You didn't know but when I stormed out I only walked around the corner and then when I saw Warpath come around I kind of followed. I knew you guys liked each other and I was jealous.

"Bobby, I'm flattered and I know I kissed you but I don't want to be with you. At least not right now."

"Oh. I understand." He said standing up and walking out. I saw a tear fall down his cheek right as he disappeared from view. For the next couple days I tried talking to him. He would just say one word or nothing and walk away. I didn't realize how much I had hurt him. I knew he would be angry or sad but I was hoping we could still be friends. I learned the hard way we couldn't. I saw Warpath walking the halls every day and every day I would regret hurting Bobby and I would regret ever thinking that Warpath was a good guy.

A couple weeks after turning down Bobby he still wouldn't talk to me. He just talked to his friends and ignored me. I had no one since he stopped talking to me. They all took his side and felt sorry for him and they were all mad at me. One day I was walking back to my room when I felt a sharp pain in my head before I knew it I was on the ground and I couldn't move and I knew exactly why. Magneto was back. I got up as fast as I could and slowly moved to Xaviers office. Every step hurt but I had to warn him. I finally got there and he already knew. He told Scott and Storm to take me downstairs. I wrapped my arms around their shoulders and blacked out.