Chapter 2 - Ariana

The car drove up the long driveway to the huge mansion. I stared at it with a dumbfounded look on my face. I had never seen such a huge beautiful house. It was covered in moss and vines. It looked so old but magnificent. I stepped out of the car and a man in red sunglasses came up to me.

"My name is Scott Summers. I am one of the teachers here. It is nice to meet you."

"Oh, hello. I'm Ariana. The new kid." I said shaking his hand.

"I will take your bags and introduce you to the person you will be spending a lot of time with. His name is Bobby and he will help you with anything you need."

"What is his ability?" I asked worried I might hurt him.

"His nickname is Iceman and he has the power of thermokinesis and cryokinesis. Which pretty much means he can freeze stuff."

"Oh I guess that's a pretty good match. IF YOU WANT ME TO MELT HIM!" I said getting very nervous about this place.

"Don't worry. He is a very powerful mutant and it will all work out. You don't need to be afraid of your powers anymore."

"Okay, I'm going to trust you but if I hurt anyone I am leaving."

"Don't worry about that. We have the best doctors. Anything you do can be fixed."

"That's what you think now." I mumbled under my breath as we walked through the large front door to the mansion. I saw a blonde headed kid walking down the hall. He looked kind of cute but I'm sure whoever is showing me around is going to be ugly because I have terrible luck.

"Ariana, this is Bobby, Bobby, this is Ariana. He will be your guide and helper for anything you need around the mansion."

"Your Bobby?" I said shocked that they would pair me with a good looking guy.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you."

"You too." I said shaking his hand. He had a huge smile on his face and I have no idea why.

"So what is your power?" He asked as we walked down the hall to my room.

"You don't know?" I asked.

"I do a little but I don't totally understand what you can do."

"I can pretty much spray hot metal out of my hands. I can also strip metal off of anything if I focus hard enough but I have only done it once and it was to my mom's nice silverware. That was when they decided I needed to come here."

"Oh, so your parents accepted your abilities?"

"Yeah for the most part. What about you? What can you do?"

"My nickname is Iceman so that kind of explains it but I will show you." He said walking over to a wall. He started to write something in ice. It looked like a ton of snowflakes stuck together and it sparkled in the sunlight that was coming through the window. He finished and it said "Welcome to Mutant High" in cursive.

"Wow, that's so beautiful and thank you I feel very welcome."

"I'm glad." He said smiling at me with his glittering white teeth.

"So, what's the story of how you got here?" I asked as we continued down the huge hallway.

"Well, about 3 years ago Xavier came to my house and told my parents about his school. He talked to me in private and told me that it was a special mutant school for people with special abilities. At the time I had no idea what he was talking about but the next day I was in the shower and the water coming out of the shower got really cold then just started falling to the ground the moment they came out. I quickly turned off the shower and turned on the sink and the same thing started to happen. I had told my parents the day before that I didn't want to go to his school but now I knew I needed to go. I left the next day and my parents thought that I was just going off to a fancy boarding school. Then last year we got put into a situation where we went to Boston, where my parents live, and I told my parents everything. I thought I would feel better after telling them but my brother called the cops on us and now my parents and younger brother hate me so I guess I kind of feel worse. Sorry I just kinda told you my life story. You probably don't care." He said looking at his feet.

"Wow, I'm so sorry. I know it has to be hard to not have anyone but you have all the people at this school that I'm sure love you a lot." I said touching his arm.

"Yeah, thanks." He said smiling at me. We walked to the very end of the hall and he showed me my room. He said that his was just a hallway over. He showed me where the kitchen was and where all my classes are. They all happened to be the same classes as him which made me very happy since he is the only friend I have made so far.

That night I was laying on my bed just staring at the ceiling thinking about my day when Bobby burst into my room.

"Hey! Lazy butt! We are all going to play power snatcher! Wanna come?"

"What is that?"

"I will show you if you come."

"Okay, why not." We walked outside and saw a bunch of the kids waiting for something in the large open area behind the school. Bobby got there and they all stood up. Bobby explained the rules to everyone who didn't know, meaning me, and we proceeded with the game. I understood after playing it for a while why it was called power snatcher. There is this ball that they have that will take their power if it touches them, the ball also moves around on its own. If you get hit by the ball then you have to try and get the ball back so you can have your powers back. The catcher is that everyone else is trying to get the ball as well and they can use their powers. The people with Telekinesis and Teleportation have certain extra rules on them to make it fair but everyone else pretty much has an even chance of getting the ball. I was actually pretty good since I'm a fast runner and I would just encase the ball in metal and no one would be able to get it out. I would just walk over, melt the metal, and grab the ball. Bobby was good too because of his ice but the kids with heat abilities could melt his ice a lot faster then they could liquify my metal. We played at least ten rounds before it got dark out. Me and Bobby combined won about half the games and then a scatter of other kids won the other rounds. It was nice to feel like I'm a part of something and to be able to use my powers freely without being judged. That night I went to sleep feeling better than I have in a long time. I'm so glad I came here.