T H I R T Y - T H R E E

I knew that a moment like this wouldn't last forever.

Laying in my bed in the Slytherin common room one more week and then we'd get our results, but it's strange how things don't work out like that.

Harry and I were able to speak and he knows the truth, he, Ron and Hermione still send me letters that I don't respond to.

They all have families now, and I'm alone.

I chose the solitude and I'm sure that after the battle George wanted his space.

The battle of Hogwarts swept over the castle quicker than I could've imagined. The amount of students that were lost still plagues my mind, the sounds of their screams stops me from sleeping.

I sit still in my room on the floor, a bottle of Fire Whiskey half empty stands beside me, I fill my sort glass and take a swing.

Oh Fred.

I hadn't left my room since it had finished. Voldemort was finally vanquished and the world saved my The Boy Who Lived.

I'd waited many years to try and pluck up the courage to ask my parents why? Why could I conjure the magic through the tips of my fingers? A question that I regret asking.

The answer?

My bloodline traces back to the witches of Salem. A curse to have a child born with powers beyond belief, it seemed that my mother was the one to blessed with this curse and by having me passed it on.

If I had a child, would they have the same abilities I do?

Since learning about my gifts I had learnt quickly on how to control and use them, I didn't need a wand anymore to perform spells. With just the wave of my hand or thought, I could rearrange my room or change the colour at my whim.

There's a faint knock on my bedroom door.

"Elyse?" Greenie's voice asks from behind the door.

I wave my hand and she walks in, a letter in her hand "It's from Mrs. Weasley, it's seems urgent" He says handing me the letter, I wave my hand over the bottle and it pours itself into the glass next to me as I take the letter from Greenie's hands.

My eyes hold up the paper and examine it, along with my new powers it helped heighten other senses too, now I wasn't like anything like Sherlock Holmes but I felt pretty close to it.

Examine the writing, I could tell that by the shakily drawn letters on the back of the envelope that were wrote in a hurry, and not in the usual smooth curls and perfect t's that usually would be written.

Something was wrong, very wrong.

Opening the envelope I pull out the parchment and my eyes prick and the same erratic handwriting littering the page, my eyes read taking in each word as I follow the flow of her short and snappy sentences.

'Dear Elyse,
I'm sorry to write out of the blue. I know that the war has been hard on all of us. It's taken a piece of us with it. My heart hasn't been the same since loosing Fred. But I feel as if George has lost a whole part of him, please come see him. He won't leave his room, or eat his food that I've left outside his door. Please I'm worried for my boy and I'm sure he'll let you in, I'll be waiting by the door until you come.

Sincerely,
Mrs Weasley xx'

"Greenie," I said folding over the letter as he reach the door to leave "I'm leaving the house to go to The Burrow"

"Leaving the house?!" He squeaks, as I hurriedly pack a bag, my eyes land on the bottle of Fire Whiskey on the floor by the corner of my bed. I flick my wrist, the bottle cap screws on and floats over to a shelf on my wall, placing itself on it.

"Yes" I say, pulling the drawstring right and tossing the bag on my back, lacing my arms through the loops.

I walk over to my full length mirror, quickly looking over myself. I readjust my loose hair into a low ponytail, letting a few strands loose to frame my face.

I look to the wardrobes reflection in my mirror, it opens and I turn catching a simple black hoodie tying it around my waist.

Greenie's stood by the door watching the whole thing.

"It seems like you've really gotten a hold of your powers mi-I mean Elyse" Greenie says, as he walks beside me down the stairs. I look into the kitchen to see my Mum and Dad sitting at the table, Dad's got his nose in his usual newspaper. The Daily Prophet. Mum's got her weekly edition of The Quibbler a pen in one hand, as she fills in a crossword puzzle.

They both look up at me simultaneously, both of their eye ms widen in shock.

"Hey love" Dad coos, as he stand up from the table walking over to me as I head for the front door.

"Hey dad," I smile as I turn to him, I hug him tightly not wanting to let go "I'm going to the Burrow, Mrs. Weasley's invited me over for dinner and I can't refuse" I lie, shrugging it off acting as if I hadn't spent the last few years barricaded in my bedroom, while everyone got better.

"Oh alright dear," He smiles, as he kisses my forehead "Owl us, when you get there and if you're going to stay the night okay?"

"I will, I promise," I hug him again, pull back "Love you both!" I say exiting.

I close the door behind me standing outside side for a brief moment, I shut my eyes and picture the burrow. The space around me shifts, and my eyes open to see the open fields and warm sun kiss my skin.

I see Mrs. Weasley at the doorway, and I put one confident foot in front of the other making my way over to her.