T W O

Looking over to Harry, still strangly looking towards the train. Wiping away the tears putting  the note into my back pocket. I tried to look like I wasn't crying.

"What is that ?" Harry asks, looking towards a Thestral.

"What ?" Ron asks, confused he looks towards the front of the cart, then back at Harry baffled.

"That. . .that. . .thing!" Harry says, pointing towards a Thestral again. Ron looks towards me giving me his usual 'He is mental' look. I shrug my shoulders in reply, Ron looks back at Harry.

"Harry there's nothing there mate. . ." Ron says plainly, I glance at Hermione, she gave me a shrug in reply.

"Yes it is, it's right there!" Harry says, more, feverishly pointing towards the Thestral once more. Ron shakes his head, in response.

"I see them too, Harry" Luna's voice pipes up from the carriage, she pulls an upside down Quibbler to reveal her face.

"Er. . .you are ?" Harry asks, he looks over to me confused.

"Luna. Luna Lovegood," She replies, I sit opposite her giving her a smile "Hey Elyse" She smiles giving me a small wave.

"Hey Luna" I reply, waving back. The carriage moves into motion.

"Hagrid's cabin looks deserted" Harry says worriedly, glancing over my shoulder looking at his hut. All the lights are turned off.

"I hope he's alright. . ." Hermione trials off.

"What if he's still on his. . ." Ron says as he glances at Luna, who's none the wiser at what's happening ". . .what if he's still on his mission from Dumbledore ?" He asks, I shrug my shoulders in reply.

"Maybe. . ." I say.

Surely he wouldn't have taken this long ?

"Yeah, could be" Harry replies.

The carriage came to a halt and we all pile out.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

It's late afternoon, all the students have been called in for an assembly. Walking over to my seat at the Slytherin table and sit down. Pansy still infatuated with Draco, but his eyes lay elsewhere. Professor Dumbledore approaches the podium.

"I beg a few moments of your attention, as I have a few start of term announcements. Right off, our care taker, the good Mr.Filch, has reminded me for what he says is the four-hundred and sixty-second time that he had an annually updated list of varioud banned items, usually introduced by our humour experts Elyse Walker and her accomplices Fred and George Weasley," He says, we give each other the same look from across the room. We stand to applause and laughter taking a bow and sitting back in our seats. I smile to myself. Being bad has its benefits.

". . .which are posted in extensive list on the door to Mr.Filch's door. Also we have staffing changes this year. Professor Grubby-Plank will be taking the post of Care Of Magical Creatures post as Professor Hagrid is on. . .extended leave" He quirks, glancing around the room.

I hope Hagrid's okay.

"Additionally, we have Professor Umbridge, who has kindly agreed to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts-" Dumbledore adds a lady, dressed from head to toe in pink, stands clearing her throat.

"Hem, hem, Headmaster, if I could adress the school ?" She asks, her voice nails on a chalk board. Dumbledore looks taken back.

McGonagall glares at Umbridge as she steps up to the podium.

"Thank you, Headmaster. Now, how are we all doing tonight ? I thought I would just say a few words. I am here at the Ministry of Magic's bequest, under Educational Decree twenty-two, which states if the Headmaster of Hogwarts is unable to fill any teaching post the Ministry shall select one for position," She pauses glancing around the room.

What or who is she looking for ?

"The Ministry has always considered the magical education of our children to be of vital importance, and the passing down of this ancient and noble art must be given to the next generation, lest it be lost forever. . ." She pauses again, I look at her confused. A smile across her face, ear to ear.

"Without progress, stagnation. But progess for progess's sake is to be discouraged, for our art requires no tinkering" She pauses again "A balance attained, the new the old, permenance and change, tradition and innovation, order and chaos," She smiles. Why is she pausing and smiling so much ?

"There are large changes coming soon, changed walking the fine line between order and chaos. Know only that these changes are for the best, and to prevent the destruction of our civilization from its own decay. Thank you." Umbridge smiles at us all, I look as her eyes fix onto Harry. The smile seems a little forced, fake even. That's who she was looking for.

Harry.

Why has it always got to be him ?

/////////\\\\\\\\\\

Sitting in my common room sitting on my bed, facing the wall, looking at the posters Ellie had hung there, when she first sneaked into the common room. I couldn't believe she just left. I wanted to see her again so badly.

How could I contact her ? Will I ever see her again ?

I could only hope. . .

///////\\\\\\

Walking up to the Owlery with Harry, we reach the top the floor is covered with straw, hundreds of owls hoot softly on many roosts.

"Hedwig!" Harry says happily, she flutters down to him giving him a piece of parchement. My owl comes down onto my shoulder nuzzling my neck, I stroak her head gently giving her a cauldron cake that I pocketed durning dinner.

We both turn around to the creaking of the door, then Cho walks in, rolling my eyes and turn to look at them as they converse.

"Hi" Harry says awkwardly.

"Oh. . .hi. Didn't think anyone else would be up here" Cho says shyly, I stop myself from glaring at her.

Does she think she's the only one who gets letters ? Honestly ?

"Well I'm going to take this as an oppertunity to leave this awkward conversation," I say, walking towards the door.

"Harry," I say, passing him "Cho" I say bitterly, leaving the Owlery and made my way down and back towards the Hogwarts grounds. The snow crunching beneath my feet. The smell of fresh dew, only just dripping from the trees.

Making my way through the main doors, my barn owl, Chesnut sleeping on my shoulder her grasp still tight so that she won't fall off.

Walking down towards the Slytherin common room, I hear a voice behind me.

"Hey! Elyse! Wait!" The voice shouted behind me, I turned and I see George running towards me.

What does he want now ?