F O U R

Raising an eyebrow at him to initiate a conversation.

"What was that about ?" I ask, looking at him.

"What's what ?" George asked unbeknownst to what I was saying.

"You know," I said, nudging him with my elbow "What happened at the counter" I elaborate.

"Ohh that. . ." George replied, I could tell that he was mulling it over in his head "Well isn't that what boyfriends do for their girlfriends ?" He said, I felt the words hit me straight in the chest. 

I felt weightless.

"You'd call me y-your g-girlfriend ?" I stutter, trying to articulate my thoughts. Being the intelligent person I am. I stuttered instead of talking fluidly.

"Well yeah what else would you be ?" He asks simply, moving closer to me, ever so slightly "I mean we both like each other right ?" He moved closer.

"Yeah" I breath, moving closer as well. We were only inches apart now.

"And we can't just keep flirting right ?" He asks, getting closer.

"Yeah" I reply, only a few inches away.

Making a bigger slide, the gap betweeen us becoming smaller and smaller. His hand, only centimetres away from mine, reaching for it.

"So I guess we should be a couple ?" He asks, dreamily cupping my hands with his. Moving one hand to my cheek and leaning in for a kiss.

"There you go lovelies!" Madame Rosemarta smiles, placing our drinks abruptly on the table.

"Merlin's Beard" I jump, hitting the table. 

Grabbing my knee intaking air quickly through my nose, pursing my lips togther trying not to shout in pain.

"You alright love ?"Madame Rosemarta asks. Nodding quickly with small hum.

George puts his hand on my knee that I was covering, instantly I became less tense. Madame Rosemarta walks away with her usual pepiness. Looking at George, he gives me a kiss on the cheek to reconsole what we were going to do.

Letting out a sigh, reaching for my drink feeling the cool glass against my lips and cold sensation against my tounge, tasting the peppermint. It was so strong and cooly trickled down my throat.

Letting out small contemplating sigh, enjoying the drink I had ordered.

"Enjoying it ?" George asks, taking his glass in his hand and taking a big sip of his Firewhiskey.  Nodding a reply taking another sip.

"Actually did you know that Professor McGonagal got me into drinking ?" I asked smugly, George almost splutered his Firewhiskey everywhere.

"What ?!" He blurted out, placing his drink down cautiously and turning to lean on his arm to rest his head onto his fist.

"Do you want to know how ?" I tease, with a small eyebrow raise, putting my arms on the table leaning against it.

"Yes yes and double yes!" He replies, smiling  "I want to know how the most serious, next to Snape, turn this sober dover into a drinking Lincoln" Raising an eyebrow at him, taking another sip.

"What ?" He asks, taken back.

"Sober dover ? Drinking Lincoln ?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What ?" He asks, in the same tone.

"Where in the wide world of wizards did you learn about Abraham Lincoln ?" I ask, genunily confused at how he would know about such a historic muggle figure.

"Why do you think he was called honest Abe ?" He asks, shrugging my shoulders in response "The Ministry used his help to make vertisum" He says smuggly, giving him a small smile with a playful nudge.

"Well do you know about McGonagal or not ?" I ask, smiling at him.

"Fine" He replies with a fake tone as to say 'Be impressed with my knowledge' sort of way, shaking my head and continuing to talk.

"Welll it happened when I was going to her office to ask about the tournament and I walked into her office she invited me in, in her usual fashion, I took a seat near her desk and asked : 'Miss out of curiousity what drink would be the best drink to have a celebration, all hypothetical of course' I say to her, she gives me one her 'all knowing' smiles, whispering to me happily.

'Well of course dear, my drink of choice is a Gillyweed Cocktail' She chuckles to herself, I smile and get up leaving but when I got to the door she added 'And it's the best drink if I do say so myself' She laughs, I exited laughing to myself. Just imagine Professor Mcgonagall drunk on Christmas Day or at a party," I laugh an idea dawning upon me "Oh Merlin!" I exclaim, in excitement.

"What ?!" George asks me, the same level of excitement laced in his voice.

"Imagine if she drunk at the Yule Ball !" I smiled, raising my eyebrows in exitement, George puts his fist to his mouth to try and contain his laughter, I mimicked his actions.

Holding eye contact with him, bursting out into a fit of laughter George did the same I placed my hand on his knee and he seizes up. Looking at him both of our eyes wide. 

Letting out an awkward chuckle, pushing my hair back over my shoulder. The same awkward chuckle, escaping his lips.

We both looked at each other, my eyes wondered from his, burning, brown eyes down to his pearly white smile acomponied with his soft lips. Looking into his eyes once more.

This time we won't, hopefully, be interupted. Feeling his lips against mine, moving our lips in sync as if our lips were two pieces of the same puzzle. My eyes fluttered shut, placing my hand onto his jaw to pull him closer to me.

My heartbeat ringing in my ears, begining to beat faster with each moment I spent against his lips. Pulling away from each other I let out a smile, he smiled in repsonse. He pressed his lips together.

"Mm. . ." He says, rubbing his lips together "Strawberry" Chuckling to myself and placed my right hand onto my drink raising it. George mimicks my actions.

"To always finding laughter in everything" I smile.

"To laughter" He paraphrases, clinking glasses and taking one final swig of our drinks finishing them off. Grabbing our coats to make our exit back up to the castle, to get ready for afternoon classes.

"Thank you Madame Rosemarta!" I call back at the door before leaving.

"Thanks!" George says, smiling.

"Bye dears, have a lovely afternoon!" She calls back finally a smile ectched on her lips, waving. 

We made our way outside and back up the pathway towards the castle.