T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Harry leaps off the dias, landing next to Neville, moving quickly I follow his lead.

"Are you all right?" Harry asks, the eruption of spells and their counters flying around the room.

"Yeah..." Neville manages, bringing himself to his feet.

We all look at each other and nod in agreement, our wands ready to fire. A Death Eayer grabs Harry from behind, his large, sweaty arm around Harry's throat.

"Give me the prophesy!" He spits, his strength lifting Harry off his feet.

Neville leaps upon his gave and hits him in the face. Harry elbows him in the ribs. The Death Eater falls way, as he falls he strikes Harry's hand by accident. The prophesy flying from Harry's grasp.

How had he managed to hold it this whole time?

The Death Eater staggers to the ground, tapping him on the shoulder his snearing face turns to me and I punch him hard on the jaw.

"That's for the Longbottoms" I snear, nodding my head in approval dusting off my hands.

"I'm never getting on the bad side of you" Neville jokes, our heads turn sharply at the sound of glass shattering.

"The prophesy!" We say in unison, running over to Harry as he watches a ghostly version of Proffesor Trelwany appears over the golen orb, speaks something that we seemed to miss over the fight, and dissolves away.

The three of us stand frozen, aghast at what's just happened, starting at the broken pieces of the orb.

Hurried footsteps rush towards us, I turn quickly pointing my wand at the supposed danger.

It was Sirius

"It's just me," He says, holding up his hands "You need to get out of here, now!" He rushes, pointing at of the doors.

"That will take you back out of the Department of Mysteries" He says, turning to get back to the fight.

"You can come with us!" Harry says, grabbing Sirius by the hand.

"You're the important one, now Harry. I have to help the Order," He speaks, shaking his head in disagreement. Slowly, Harry lets go of Siruis' hand, they share a moment "I'll always be here for you, Harry. Now go!" He urges, Harry turns but I stay.

"Elyse, quickly now!" Neville says, grabbing my sleeve trying to pull me along. Frozen in place, Neville snaps me out of my thoughts. I nod, looking back watching Sirius confront Bellatrix. The three of us making a run for the door.

"Potter!" Lucius calls furiosuly, the three of us turning to find Lucius only a few feet away holding his wand out at us "We may have lost the prophesy, but I can still deliver you to the Dark Lord!" He roars, waving his wand over his hand and sharply stopped to realse a spell.

"Stupify!"

"Protego!" Harry counters, Lucius' spell bouncing away fom us. The door opens behind us, Dumbledore emerges eyes blaing, his wand ready to strike.

"It's Dumbledore!" Neville points, as he moves past snapping out his wand, the lightening from the end of his wand striking Lucius in the chest knocking him over.

Dumbledore blasts two Death Eaters, before they realise that he's joined in the fight, sending them soaring across the room. The other Death Eaters notice Dumbledore's presence and make a break for the exits, members of the Order block the exits hitting the Death Eaters with stunning spells before they can even reach the members of the Order.

Neville, Harry and I watch from a safe distance, hoping that we can stay out of the way of getting more damaged then we already are. Bellatrix fires a stunning spell into Sirius' path, he ducks under it, laughing.

"Is that the best you've got, cousin?" He mocks, he barely finshes his scentence before she fires a second spell, striking him square in the chest. Knocking the wind out of him, he is lifted up into the air, a look of shock on his face.

Time seems to slow, Harry watches Sirius' descent, he lands on his feet stumbling on his feet, his body falling backwards and into the veil.

His final breath escaping his lips into an airy sigh.

Trying to grab his collar before he can move, but my fingers just miss. Harry runs for him, leaping down towards the veil. Chasing after him, he screams.

"Sirius!" He chokes, tears streaming down his face. His wand drifting from his grasp, clattering beside him.

He charges towards the dias, Lupin's reaction quick as he reaches and grabs Harry, holding him across the chest with both arms.

"Let me go!" He aches, struggling trying to break away from his grasp. Slowing I stand a few inches away from the pair, dropping to my knees.

"Harry! HARRY!...he's gone...there's nothing you can do..." He struggles, as he tries to control Harry's writhing body.

"LIAR!" He retorts, slowling down, his tears fogging his glasses. The last remaining energy Harry had burning down, his crying only light whimpers against Lupin's grasp.

Spells flash and explode all around, bathing the room in strange and entrancing colours, mixing with the light of the blue candles that litter the room with light.

Harry's legs give out beneath him, causing him to slump against Lupin, tears staining both of their faces. Harry clenching and unclenching his fists in agony, beating them weakly against Lupin's chest.

"No...no...no" Harry whimpers, sniffling his chest falling and rising with hitched breaths.

Lupin picks up Harry, carrying his body and turns to see me, my body slumped onto the floor. Harry stands, dumbfounded beside him, eyes locked onto the viel. Looking up to Lupin he nods his head for me to join him, slowly I get to my feet wiping the stray tears and snot against my sleeve.

Kingsley leaps up to duel with Bellatrix, but she blasts him aside. Dumbledore turns, attempting to stop her as she leaps towards the door. Harry watches, I look to him. Cold fury burning in his emerald green eyes, he sprints after her. Lupin turns to see him, leaping after Bellatrix.

"Harry, no!" Lupin shouts.

"It's okay, I'll go after him" I call back, running after Harry, using the last strength my legs could muster to push me forward.