T H R E E

He caught up with me trying to catch his breath, Chesnut woke up and hooted to let me know. Clicking my tounge in response, she replies flying into the common room.

"What do you want now ?" I ask, fake whining, George caught his breath, finally, straightening up.

"Well I wanted to ask you something," He says, his ears starting to go red along with his cheeks. Most likely from the cold outside.

"Yes George ?" I ask, he rubs the back of his neck kicking the floor.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to Hogsmeade with me ? This afternoon as we both have it off from lessons and NEWT's are coming up fast" He smiles, looking at me.

"Yes of course!" I reply happily "I'll ask Hermione or Ron if they want to come as well" I say, giddily.

"No," George hesitates "When I meant with me, I meant it was just us," He says, timidly pointing between us "Alone" He urges. My heart lept at the notion of spending time alone with George.

////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\

Spending all afternoon after lunch deciding, what to wear. I'd decided to go with a turtle neck with the shoulders cut out, a pair of ripped jeans along with some black converse.

Was this a. . .date ?

Letting my hair fall around my shoulders and down my back. Applying a small bit of lipbalm, strawberry flavoured. Making my way down the stairs and straight out of the Slytherin common room with my bag, wand inside, and jacket. Throwing on my house coloured scarf around my neck for good measure.

Waiting for him to meet me by the front gates. Turning around to see that he was dressed in a knitted shirt with his initial, and causal blue trousers.

"Shall we go then ?" He asks, raising his arm for me to take it.

"Yes I think we shall" I reply taking it, he put his arm around my shoulders pulling my into his side. Without thinking I put my arm around his waist and hang a finger off a loop on his jeans.

"Oh!" He replies out of shock "Getting a bit frisky are we ?" He asks, a wave of shock passes through me and I take my hand away instantly.

"Sorry," I reply "I did it without thinking, I should've asked. . ." I trail, spacing myself from him walking on.

"No it's fine I was just surprised is all," He says, a smile on his face "I quite liked it actually" He finishes, with a cheeky eyebrow raise. Looking at him our faces inches apart, instinct took over.

Kissing him. His soft lips against mine, he pulled me closer. His hand sliding down to my waist, the other cupped my neck.

Lacing my fingers into his firey red hair. This wasn't the first time we kissed, but it was the irrational decision my body decided to make at that moment. My whole form wanted to explode into a technicoloured show of lights and electricity.

Pulling back, to let my lungs take in air.

"Wow," George says, his eyes fluttering open in shock "I thought I'd be the first one to kiss you after the Yule Ball" He laughs, kissing me on the forehead.

"Oh," I joke, folding my arms across my chest. "It's a competition now ?" I ask chuckling.

"Well I just wanted to know what it'd be like if I kissed you in public. . ." He trails off "Yeah. . ." He sighs. With that we laced our fingers together, walking on towards Hogsmeade.

We arrived in Hogsmeade. Other students mingling around the streets popping into different shops.

Looking around to see couples going about their business, holding hands, hugging and, most-if not nearly all of them exploring each others mouths with their tounges. Remembering that I was the person that envied those girls in relationships with boys in our year.

All the girls envied me, because of the person I was with. Cedric Diggory.

That's all in the past. I'm glad I'm with George, who is one of the most amazing people I've ever met, along with his family. It's like I'm a part of them already. The one place I was accepted. Other than my own home of course.

Our fingers laced, walking into The Three Broomsticks to see Madam Rosemerta working the bar.

"Afternoon lovelies what can I get you ?" Madame Rosemerta asks, branishing a glass putting it beneath the counter, giving it a quick wipe as we sat down.

"Umm. . .I'm not sure what I want this afternoon" I say, looking over to George taking off my scarf and jacket putting it on the chair to my left, that was unoccupied, George did the same.

"Any chance of a Firewhiskey ?" George asks, taking out 3 galleons and 5 sickles, I looked at the menu that floated over and opened to the drinks page infront of me.

There are so many drinks. What to choose ? What to choose ?

"I'll have a. . ." I say, scanning the page once more "I'll have a Gillywater cocktail please" I decide, pulling out my purse.

"Nah it's fine I've got it" He smiles, placing a hand on my wrist.

Putting my purse away, Madame Rosemerta has an awkward look on her face. She looks to George and leans on the counter looking at us with a smirk.

"Handsome and a gentleman you really got yourself a good one," She smiles, with a wink "And the ginger hair is an amazing colour" She whispers, George hands her the money, she puts it into the till giving him the change.

"If you want to go and have a seat at a table, I'll be there with your drinks in a moment" She smiles.

Picking up my coat and such, walking over to one of the curved tables at the back. Sitting down at the table, placing my stuff next to me. George slips in on the other side of the bench taking off his coat and placing on his side. The space between us comfortable, yet awkward at the same time.