In a State of Shock

The plane ride there was a disaster. Darcy was in one of her moods and could not understand why we had to be on this aeroplane.

"Mummy where's dad, and why is Uncle Harry not coming" Darcy stumbled with a pout.

"Baby girl, we are going to see Grammy, Pa, Uncle Greg, Aunty Steph and Daddy" I said attemtping to prevent a two year old tantrum.

"And Sierra?" Sophia questioned confused as to why I never mentioned her. I just looked down at my innocent little girl and shared a sad smile with her. 

"I dunnow baby, I dunnow" I said quietly kissing her forehead. She just accepted the poor answer I had given her and proceeded to look out the window and play with her plush doll. It was another 10-15 minutes before the plane's engine was switched on. By this stage Darcy was squirming in her seat begging to get up and walk around. I tryed reasoning with her and she only listended the first couple of times. As the plane was taking off up into the air Darcy began complaining about her ears hurting. I tried soothing her while she layed her head on my lap and I told her that it would be over soon. Unfortunatley I was worng. Her ear's just got worse and she just became unbearable. 

Her screeching filled the cabin and my face was flushed red. I rummaged through my bag and pulled out my ipad. I handed it too her in an attempt to calm her down. It calmed her down and all was too be heard were the occasional soft sobs escaping her mouth. I finally felt my body relax and I felt eyes stop staring at me. I took one last look at Darcy and I saw she was drifitng off to sleep. I took that as my cue to get a bit of shut eye for the treacherous days ahead.

**********

"Excuse me Miss, but we have landed" The polite flight attendant said gently shaking my shoulder. My eyes fluttered open and I saw the plane was deserted apart from Darcy, the Flight Attendant and myself. 

"Thank you" I replied in a polite mannor and scooped up my sleeping princess. I went to the over head locker and pulled out my bag and Darcy's backpack. I slung them around my right arm which also held my sleeping baby and reached down to retreive her plush doll. Once I had all my belongings I exited the plane. 

I waddled down the long hallway until I came out in the terminal. There standing alone was Steph, just as we had planned. She looked exhausted, but still managed to send me a warming smile. She releived me of the many things I was carrying by taking the bags and the toys and left me holding Darcy and my handbag.

"Hey darling. I'm so glad you came. Niall has been a wreck" Steph said embracing me in a friendly hug.

"I'm glad we came as well. I'm not going to be able to cope if anything happens to Maura." I said worriedly while we walked to the luggage collection bay.

"She has imporved overnight, and Greg has been released. But he is greif stricken, and him and Niall are driving to the hospital as we speak" She informed me as we waited for our suitcases to come around. The appeared not long after and we pulled them all the was to Steph's car and thankfully she has thought about Darcy and installed a car seat. So I buckle the sleeping Darcy in while she stacks everything into the boot.

The drive to the hospital from the airport took about 2 and a half hours, so she had plently of time to fill me in on the gossip and the accident. I shed a few tears when she descirbed to me about the horrific car accident. After she had me up to date on everything that has been going on we pulled up in the hospital car park.

"We all have rooms here at the hospital so we will be staying here for a couple nights, then going back to Gregs. I hope that is ok?" She asked concerned.

"Thats absolutley fine, don't worry about us." I said. I was holding Darcy's little fragile hand and she looked up at me with confusion in her eyes. I could tell she was wondering why we were coming here and why we were not going to her Grammy's house. Steph pushed Maura's level and the elevator had us there in no time. We walked in silence down the lonely corridor's. I shuddered just thinking about being in a hospital, the last time I was in one of these was when my mother was really sick. We turned the corner and Darcy ran off up to Greg when she saw him. Niall stood and walked straight up to me and we just stood there and hugged.

He let go of me but still had a firm grip on my forearms.

"Madi, I'm so happy you turned up. This might be the last time you and Darcy will ever see Mum again, I'm -" He cut himself off to try and stop the tears. Seeing him like this was pulling me into pieces. I began to cry as well. Greg walked over and he towered over me with his tall build. He pulled me into his chest and I could smell the strong scent of his cologne. I soaked his shirt in tears. All five of us sat outside Maura's room unable to enter until visitor times. Darcy was getting tired and restless and wandering where her cousin was. I couldn't tell her she has passed away. None of us could. 

A nurse appeared out of Maura's room. We all immediatley rose from our postions on the uncomfortable chairs.

"You may all come in and see her now, she is stable" the nurse said ushering us in. We all walked in single file and the sight I saw infront of me was nothing I had ever seen before.

A/N 

Hey Guys (: 

I know this chapter isn't the best, but i had trouble writing it. Please feel free to inbox or message me any idea's you have for the story ! Remeber to comment, fan and vote !

xoxobohoprincess