People Can Change

His face went from relaxed to tense. I watched as his forehead crinkled up and he stepped outside the door and closed it behind him.

"Madison?" My father stumbled out, obvious he was lost for words.

"Yeah, it's me" I said quietly studing the stunned expression on his face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as if he was annoyed at my presence.

" Well I was back in Mullinger and I thought I would come and see you." I said not truely confessing why I was here.

"You look just like your mother Madison" Dad said the creases around his eye softening a bit. He looked different. I could tell straight away he was sober, and he had cleaned up his act as he was dressed well and looked fit. 

"Ah, thank you Dad" I said, not really knowing how to reply to the comment he just made. The front door opended again and a little girl appeared. 

"Daddy, Mummy needs help carrying the-" She cut herself off as she saw me standing behind Dad. She walked up and stood slightly behind my Father and peered around him. He sadly smiled and gently stroked her hair. 

"Ash, why don't you go and tell Mummy I will be back in soon. I just have to take care of something" He ordered nicely to the little girl standing right beside him.

"Alright" she said dashing off back inside. I watched her little body dissapear back into the house and I stared straight back up at my Dad. That little girl couldn't be much older than Darcy by the looks. I was baffeled. 

"Who was she?" I asked.

"How about you come inside and I can explain" Dad said taking my hand and pulling me inside. Once inside I closely studied the interior and decor of the house. The whole of the inside of the house had been re-done. It had a sleek modern finish with black and white accents. This was not the work of my Dad. He had never been into doing things out like this. This was the work of a woman. I could tell by the way things had been placed and the type of accessories that lay around.

We walk around into the lounge area and a beautiful girl who looks about 15 is sitting on the arm chair. She had hair just like mine, long, straight dirty blonde locks that stopped aright above my hips. She had my skin as well, a deep broze tan colour. Her body was the type of body many girls would envy and crave. She looked up at my Father and I and I could see her bright blue eyes. Just like Dad's which is where I got mine from. 

"Madison, this is Alexa" My Dad introduced us. I could see her eyes rolling up my body as she too notices the extreme similarities that we share. 

"Hi" She says in a friendly tone and a warming smile. I can't help but smile back in the same warming way.

"Hi" I replied.

"Lexi, could you please go and get your Mother, and then just give us a bit of space sweetie?" My Father asked kindly and she stood up.

"Sure Dad, Nice to meet you. I never actually caught your name?" She said as she passed me.

"It's Madison, but you can call me Madi if you want" I said returning the friednly tone like before. I saw her look me right in the eyes again, and the look in her eyes changed. I knew she had just figured something out in her mind but I wan't sure what. 

"Alright, thanks" she said running off. I sat down on the lounge where she had just got up from.

"Madison, I'm so glad to see you again" My Dad said looking at me with compassion. My Father had really cleaned up his act since he kicked me out. I sent him a half smile and then a beautiful woman walked in. She had choclate brown hair that flowed down just passed her shoulder's and big brown orbs. She walked out and before she joined my Father on the love seat she came up to me and took my hands in her's and smiled warmly me at me just how Alexa had.

"Madison, I'm so glad that I have actually had this chance to meet you darling" She said releasing her grip on my hands and joining my father. 

"Now Madison. This is Jenifer and I met her just after you left. When you went my life totaly broke down. I regretted every single thing I ever did too you and I just wanted my baby girl back. Jenifer came into my life and helped me pick up the pieces. She fixed everything up and helped me get a hold back on my life. After we got married, I desperatley wanted to have you back in my life. We tried everything to get in contact with you again. But I never could." He said keeping eye contact with me the whole time. I was lost for words. After all those times he lashed out and abused me, he regretted it? Am I hearing things. This was not the man that kicked me out.

"I, don't know what too say Dad" I said looking down at the floor.

"Madison, I don't expect you too say anything. I have made some terrible mistakes in my life. I became like that because I blamed myself for your Mother becoming sick. I couldn't take seeing her like how she was so I just had to get out. I will regret everyday of my life walking out on your and you, and your sister everyday for the rest of my life. When you came to live with me I was really at my lowest point. I didn't want to have you around because you reminded me too much of your mother. The only way I could think of dealing with it was drinking and trying to hurt you. I wake up every morning just wishing I could go back in time and change what I did' He said with a sad tone entering his voice. 

"Dad, I never knew thats how your felt" I said feeling a tear slide down my cheek. I quickly brushed it away but Jenifer must of saw and she quickly came and sat on the arm of the chair and put her arms around me and comforted me. I never realised how much I have longed for someone to do this too me. I just couldn't hold it back. My emotions became too much and tears were spilling out everywhere. I was crying about what had happended today, my mother, that I was here right now and how my Father felt. I was just crying about everything. The whole time I was crying, Jenifer never left my side. She held me in a mothering and nurturing way and just rocked me back and forth. 

It was about an hour before I calmed myself down enough to speak.

"I'm so sorry" I said in between sniffs.

"Darling, don't be sorry" Jenfier said brushing my hair out of my face, just how I do to Darcy.

"Why don't you come to bed, and we can talk about this in the morning because it's getting pretty late" Jenifer said pulling me up into a hug. I hugged back. It felt so nice to have a someone care for me like I was their child. She took me into the spare bedroom Dad following and gave me a pair of her p.j's to wear. I got changed and hopped in. Dad came in and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Good night beautiful, it's good to have you back" He said standing in the door frame before switching the light off and closing the door.

A/N 

Hey Guys !

What do you think of Madison's Dad's new outlook on life? Don't forget to comment, vote and fan ! <3

xoxobohoprincess