Episode 71

Mia's rushing around the coffee shop, trying to give everyone their orders while the line at the cash register continues to grow. She runs back to the cash register and turns to the people waiting in line with an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry, just one minute." She turns back around and begins making a smoothie. She turns her head to the door when she hears the small bell above it ring and sighs in relief when she sees Jake walk through the door. "Oh, thank God."

He rushes over to the counter when he sees all the people and smiles back at Mia. "Need some help?"

She chuckles softly and nods while continuing the make the smoothies. "Just a little."

Jake puts his smock on and stands behind the cash register, taking care of the long line of customers. 

He finally gets the line down to the last two people when he hears Mia exclaim behind him. She's standing at the soft serve ice cream machine when it starts to make funny noises. She tries to shut it off but the ice cream keeps coming out. She glances back at Jake with worry. "Uh...Jake? We have a problem."

He takes care of the last customer in line at the cash register and turns back to her. "Oh no." Jake immediately rushes over and tries to help her push the lever up but it's jammed and the ice cream continues covering the tile floor.

She looks up at him. "It's not working, I think the thing is jammed."

He looks down at her with sarcasm and a slight worry in his voice. "You think?"

She motions to a big bowl at the end of the counter. "Just grab that big bowl over there, this one is filling up too fast."

He rushes over to get the bowl a little too fast and ends up slipping on ice cream, falling flat on his back. He groans in pain and Mia drops the bowl in her hand and rushes over to Jake with concern. "Oh my gosh. Are you okay?" She kneels down beside him and helps him sit up.

He chuckles softly while groaning and puts his hand to his lower back. "Besides some possible permanent back damage...I'm just fine."

She snickers at his joke and covers her mouth for a moment. She removes her hand with a small smile and Jake immediately begins laughing.

She gives him a look of confusion because he was obviously laughing at her. "What?"

He points to her face with a smile. "You just rubbed ice cream all over your face."

She laughs and smirks deviously before reaching beside her and grabbing some of the ice cream that fell to the floor, putting it all over Jake's chest. She pats his chest one last time before looking at him with a smile. "Perfect."

He looks down at his chest with a playful look of bewilderment and reaches over, grabbing a handful of ice cream.

Her eyes widen as she shakes her head. "You wouldn't."

Jake smirks after her comment and lifts his hand, putting the handful of ice cream directly on top of her head. 

Her mouth drops in shock as the cold ice cream begins sliding down her face she lifts her hand up to wipe away a bit of ice cream before speaking calmly. "You. Are. So. Dead." She reaches behind her back and stands up, throwing ice cream down at his face.

He moves his head, causing the ice cream to hit his shoulder and run down his back. He stands up and grabs another handful of ice cream, throwing it at her stomach.

She yelps and throws another handful at his face, hitting it this time. She laughs and thrust her arm up in victory. "Yes! Take that, Cameron!"

Jake rushes over to her and grabs her around the waist, taking the bowl of ice cream on the counter and dumping it on her head just as the small bell over the door goes off and Logan steps into the coffee house.