Episode 95

Logan's walking down the hospital hallway, with his eyes glued to his cell phone. He has been trying to reach Mia for the past two hours but she won't pick up her phone. He puts the phone up to his ear and silently curses when it goes straight to her voicemail once again. He hits the red button and tries texting her for the tenth time. A nurse walks up to the front desk and hands the lady sitting behind it a clipboard. "Room 315. She looks hardly eighteen. OD'd on Xanax." She shakes her head and begins writing on the next clipboard given to her. "These kids, I swear someone needs to show them there's a brighter future than dying alone in a back alley due to an overdose."

Logan's eyes widen and he shoves his cell phone in his pocket before it can fall to the ground. He feels as if his legs had become two large jello sticks but he somehow manages to gain enough strength to take off down the hall. He follows the white walls down in a blinded fury, he didn't even notice the people and hospital employees yelling at him as he flew down the hall. All he could think about was Mia and how if anything happened to her he would never forgive himself. It was his fault. He should have gone after her. He finally comes to room 315 and grabs onto the side of the door to keep from sliding past it. He steps a foot inside and his face turns pale when he sees Mia lying one the hospital bed, white as a ghost.  He swallows the large lump in his throat and makes his way over to her. He stands beside her bed for a moment before taking her hand and sitting down in the seat beside her bed. "Mia?" He leans forward and speaks in a voice just above a whisper and on the verge of breaking. "Come on, Mia...wake up." He raises his other arm and lifts his hand to her hair, stroking it gently. "I-" Before his sentence is properly ended a doctor in a long white lab coat enters the room with a clipboard in hand.

"Are you a relative?"

The doctors loud voice causes Logan to jump slightly in his seat before turning to face the doctor. "Uh...yeah, I'm her cousin." Obviously a lie but else could he do? The last thing he needed was to be thrown out of Mia's room.

The doctor steps closer to the hospital bed while continuing to write on the clipboard in his hand. "Do you know of any way we can contact her next of kin?"

Logan looks back at Mia with blank eyes while talking to the doctor. "Her sister but I don't know of any way to reach her. Did you check her cell phone?"

He looks up from the clipboard and back at Mia. "There was no cell phone on her when she was found. Police said a man found her in an alley off of Coble Stone Drive. She didn't have anything but the clothes on her back, and the drugs she was abusing. The man said before she blacked out she was hysterical and mumbling things he couldn't quite make out." He looks back at Logan with seriousness. "We had to pump her stomach. Your cousin is very lucky to be alive. Did you have any idea she was taking these drugs?"

He continues starring at Mia with eyes on the verge of tears while answering the doctors questions in a monotone voice. "Yes, she told a friend they were prescribed."

"Please let the nurses know if you find any way to contact her sister. We will know more about when she can be released when she wakes up." He gives Logan one last look before turning and walking out of the room.

Logan continues starring at Mia for a moment and briefly tightens the grip on her hand, unable to stop the tears now streaming down his face. He manages to show a small glimmer of a smile. "Scarlett was right...imagine that." He chuckles sadly and glances down at the their hands. "...I was always in love with you."

~~~

It had been over two hours and Joe was still walking around the park in an aimless blur. He's starring down at the sidewalk when he hears a voice from behind him, yelling his name. He turns around and sees Taylor running towards him.