Episode 116

ATTENTION: 

I think I have finished this story. I am OFFICIALLY, COMPLETELY, DEFINITELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, FINISHED with "LABELS." I honestly can't believe it myself but let me just say, I am SOOOOO happy! This last chapter may feel a bit rushed, but the entire story was NOT. It lasted forever and the ending HAD to come. If I had inspiration I would have added more but this is the basic, simple version ending for "LABELS" and this is how it was supposed to go - in a nutshell.

I hope you are satisfied with this ending and all that the happily ever after entails! PLEASE stay tuned for more stories from me, coming soon! ;)

~

~Six Months Later~

"Where's the happy ending?" Taylor's publisher drops her book down on the table in front of her and sits down in the swivel chair behind the desk. It had been six months of publishing and promoting and signings. The book was doing fairly well, but there was still something missing. Taylor had been feeling it for the past six months and now even her publisher was telling her that she had too many loose ends. "The company wants to re-publish your story with an edition of at least two hundred pages."

Taylor's eyes widen in shock. "Two hundred pages? I thought the book was doing well. We've been promoting for months now. How can we just re-publish?"

"The company thinks that it could be a great way to profit without writing an entire sequel. It would just be an extension, complete with a final conclusion and insight into the six main characters. Their lives without any loose strings."

"Rhonda, this book isn't fiction. I know that's what we have to sell it as but this is basically my life in hardcover and you can't just conclude something that's still in the making."

Rhonda removes the pen cap from her mouth and leans forward in her chair. "Maybe it's finally time for a conclusion; the real one and the written one."

~

"Mommy, mommy!" A little voice rings out through the bedroom as she bounces up and down on the bed beside a sleeping Scarlett.

Scarlett laughs softly before opening her eyes to see her excited three-year-old. "Time to wake up already?"

"Mommy, you have to come see the flowers!" The little girl begins pulling her mother's hand but Scarlett groans.

"Can't we do outside and see the flowers when the sun has been up a little longer?" She reluctantly begins getting out of bed.

"Now, mommy, now. Daddy said now."

Confused, Scarlett follows her daughter down the stairs and towards the back glass doors that lead out to the closed in the backyard. She helps Audrey pull back the curtain and immediately covers her mouth in shock at the sight of her backyard which now looked more like a beautiful garden full of every kind of flower she could imagine. There was a beautiful white gazebo and small lights hanging all around it. She pulls open the door and steps outside in amazement just in time to see Nick step out from behind the gazebo. "Nicholas...what," she stumbles over her words with a small laugh of excitement. "What is this?"

He takes her hands in his and brings it to his lips to kiss. "This...could be a beautiful backyard that you've always wanted with no real purpose or...this could be where we finally get vow to love each other for the rest of our lives, in sickness and in health."

Scarlett had been on the verge of tears for a few seconds, but now she was full-on crying. Nick kneels in front of her and reaches into his pocket. Scarlett gasps softly at what she knew was about to happen and the realization of how much she wanted it to happen.