Episode 106

WARNING: THIS EPISODE IS KINDA...SORTA...VERY SAD. SO, BE PREPARED, THAT'S ALL I'M SAYIN. AND SORRY IF THIS SEASON HAS KINDA HAD A DEPRESSING FEEL ABOUT IT, I'M GOING TO TRY AND LIGHTEN IT UP IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF EPISODES...HOPEFULLY. 

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THAT PLAY BUTTON!  BTW: LOVE THAT SONG! JSYK ;)

~

“I can’t believe Scarlett and Nick never got married.” Logan mutters while sitting in the passenger seat of their small black Nissan.

Mia continues staring straight ahead at the road, her hands at ten and two. “Yeah, I always thought they would be the first.”

He looks over at Mia, another question coming to mind after the dozen he had previously asked since the moment they left the hospital. “What about Dani? How is she doing? Did her and Joe finally work through their issues?”

Mia feels a large lump growing in her throat and she can’t believe she’s about to relive everything all over again. It had been years since her death but because Logan couldn’t remember, it was as if she had gone back three years. “Logan, do you remember Dani being in the hospital?” She tries to approach the subject carefully and also trying to decipher just how much he could recall.

He nods and thinks back, his forehead scrunches up as if it was difficult to remember much of anything and it took all he had to bring memories back. “Yeah…I remember when she passed out at school. Scarlett called me to come and sit with her.”

Mia nods and realizes Logan only remembers when Dani was sent to the hospital and the memory of her passing away was locked somewhere inside. “Do you remember Dani’s middle name?”

Logan gives her a strange look to match the similarly strange question but begins thinking once again. His expression slowly softens as realization hits and he leans his head back in despair. “Audrey,” he whispers, “they named her after Dani.” Mia nods and fills her throat knotting up once again. “When did she pass away?”

“About eight months after that hospital visit and Audrey was born a month later. The procedure they did worked to a certain extent but it just prolonged the inevitable. Dani was given a little more time but not nearly enough.”

“How’s Joe doing?” Logan inquires, feeling an overwhelming amount of sympathy for him.

Mia shrugs. “Joe…well, he came to a three year olds birthday party drunk so…I guess that’s about all I need to say.”

“Are him and Taylor together again?”

She turns to look at him, an expression of shock now plastered across her face and she couldn’t help but smirk. “Why would you think that?”

He shrugs and by Mia’s expression, he could already tell he was way off. “I just saw them through the window at the hospital and they looked,” he pauses to search for an appropriate word, “comfortable.”

“Taylor is just visiting, actually. She lives up north now and she’s publishing a book. Which reminds me, we both need to start reading because Taylor needs everyone’s permission before she heads back at the end of the week.”

“Permission for what?”

“Apparently, we are all in her book. For some reason beyond my understanding, she felt inspired to write a story about our awkward years as teenagers.” She chuckles and glances over at Logan.

“Maybe I should read this book just to try and see if I can remember anything.” He suggests before thinking of one more question he wasn’t sure the book could answer. “How long have we been married?”