Episode 109

FINALLY! I GET TO USE AN UPBEAT POP SONG!! HIT THAT PLAY BUTTON, PEOPLES! ;p

~

“Yes, I understand that there is some crazy convention in town, which is why I have been crashing at a friend’s house for the last couple of days due to your mistake of double booking that room, but I did reserve a room for tonight and tomorrow, I’m sure of it.” Taylor’s face was growing flustered as she continued pleading her case to the hotel’s maître d.

The man behind the chestnut desk takes a sigh, louder than needed, and begins scrolling through the computer once more. His eyebrows come together after he stops scrolling a moment and Taylor’s eyes light up for a moment in hope. “Ah, yes, it seems you were booked tonight and tomorrow but it says here you cancelled your reservation and the room was just recently booked.”

She could feel her face heating up at the pure irritation of it all as she raises her voice. “By who?!”

The man motions towards the door and Taylor turns to find a familiar face standing by the entrance. He had two bags at his feet and a room key in hand. Her frown is immediately replaced by an overwhelming smile. “Jake?!" 

The man lifts his eyes from his key card and smiles back at the tall blonde across the room before opening his arms as she rushes into them.

“Oh my gosh, what are you doing here and why didn’t I know you were going to be in town?!” Taylor exclaims in surprise before releasing Jake from her tight grasp and pulling away to examine his very military attire.

“I got a call from the hospital about Logan.” He shrugs with a small smile. “Military flies free. What about you? I thought you were off somewhere becoming a world renowned writer or something.” He snickers and elbows her softly.

“Oh, didn’t you hear? I’m writing the sequel.” Taylor jokes sarcastically, causing a frightened snicker from Jake.

“Ha, ha, very funny.” He rolls his eyes. “I haven’t even read the first and I already fear for my life.”

“Now, why would I ever write anything incriminating about my prom date?” Taylor questions cheerfully, her arms crossed over her chest as Jake laughs deeply and tosses his head back.

“Wow, that was…some night.”

“Well, it definitely could have been worse for both of us, that’s for sure.” Taylor laughs softly before staring at him, sincerity deep in her eyes. “I don’t think I ever really thanked you for turning that night from one that could have been horrible to one that’s worth remembering.”

~ Four Years Ago – {Senior Prom} ~

Scarlett walks into the starry themed prom and looks around the starlit room in amazement before looking over at her friend with a large smile.

“Wow, this is amazing.” Dani says while admiring everything with a small smile but it soon fades when she looks up at the very real looking stars plastered all across the ceiling. She reaches to her neck out of habit and sadness takes over her expression when she remembers the beautiful necklace from her mother is no longer hanging around her neck. She lost it somewhere in the chaos of being rushed to the hospital and it left her with a new found hollow feeling in the pit of her stomach. To most, that necklace would be just another material object; a shiny thing to pawn off but to Dani that necklace was a piece of her mother that she intended to hold on to forever but now, even forever seemed like a short time span. Scarlett gives Dani a comforting hug from the side before spotting Taylor over at the refreshment stand. She glances over at Dani with a small smile before pulling along to go talk with their friend.