Episode 16

Mia and Scarlett are both sitting on Scarlett's couch on Sunday morning eating cereal with the TV on while chatting about their dates. Mia smiles over at her with curiosity. "Was he a good kisser?"

Scarlett's eyes widen in approval as she nods and takes a bite of her cereal.

Mia chuckles and speaks with a mouth full of cereal. "I can't believe you kissed him on the first date! You really are a flirt whore! Or worse, you're a kiss whore!" She smirks and swallows her cereal.

Scarlett's mouth widens in shock as she picks up a pillow and swats Mia's legs which were lying across the couch, beside hers. She chuckles and drops the pillow before looking at Mia with scrutinizing eyes. "What about you, Ms. Hypocrite!? You...Logan...Boys Like Girls concert?"

"Hey, I didn't kiss anybody." Mia defends.

"Yet." Scarlett says pointedly with a small smirk.

Mia tries to hide her smile by taking another bite of her cereal and Scarlett lowers her bowl of cereal before giving Mia a look of seriousness. "So...did you tell him?"

She sets her bowl on the table in front of the couch and looks at Scarlett. "Well, Julie was kind of a forced subject." Scarlett gives her a look of confusion and she continues. "He came to my door."

"You didn't tell him to wait downstairs?"

"Of course. But apparently he's not the type that likes to wait. He saw a pizza delivery guy and took the opportunity."

"Stupid pizza delivery guys!"

Mia smirks and looks down. "I didn't really tell him anything though. I just told him that she is a bitch and doesn't have a reliable job." She looks up and smirks at Scarlett. "I'm pretty sure he thinks she's in real estate."

Scarlett shrugs and glances to her left. "She might as well be."

Mia snickers and glances down before looking up at her seriously. "I'm sorry."

She gives Mia a confused look and puts her hand on Mia's arm. "For what, hun?"

"For dumping all my crap on you for all of these years, for invading your house almost every night because I have a whore for a sister and...for being such a lousy friend when you are the best friend to me."

Scarlett shakes her head and gives Mia a warm smile. "Mi, you are the farthest thing from a lousy friend." She takes a gentle hold of Mia's arms. "You are the BEST friend anyone in the whole world-no, anyone in the whole UNIVERSE could EVER have. I love you like a sister and sisters are more than welcome to stay in my room any night of the week." She smiles. "Those are always the best nights anyways...long talks, inside jokes, loads of junk food. Face it, Mia, without you my life would be a series of healthy food and boring nights with the fam."

Mia chuckles and speaks sincerely. "Thank you. For everything."

Scarlett smiles and pulls Mia into a tight hug.

~~~

Dani's lying on her bed and starring at the ceiling, waiting for a reason to get up when her phone begins to vibrate on her nightstands. She reaches over and grabs it, seeing Joe's name on the front. She tosses it beside her on the bed, ignoring the call when her dad knocks on her bedroom door. "Come in!"

Mr. Landon peeps his head in the door. "Are you getting up today?"

Dani looks back at the ceiling. "I still haven't decided."

He opens her door wider and walk in. "Dimples, whatever it is that's bothering you, you can't let it break you." He sits down on the bed beside her. "You need to talk to someone or eventually, it'll eat you from the inside out."