Episode 27

Mia's standing in the middle of the street, waiting for the impact of the car when all of a sudden she feels the impact of someone running into her from the side. She feels two strong arms wrap around her waist and quickly push her over to the safety of the sidewalk.

Logan has both hands on either side of her arms and is looking at her with a concerned and frightened expression. "Mia? Amelia?! Are you okay?"

She nods as she continues holding her breathe like she had been doing for the past few seconds.

He guides her to the curb and motions for her to sit down. He sits down beside her and looks over at her with bewilderment. "What were you doing crossing the street without looking where you were going?! You could have been killed!"

"I did look where I was going." She gains her composure and looks over at him, stating something as matter of fact. "And don't ever call me that again."

"No...you didn't. I saw you and I saw you looking down at your ipod just as that idiot was headed straight for you and by the way, Amelia is your legal name in case the shock of almost getting hit by a car caused you to forget that little piece of information." He says in sarcasm, causing Mia to roll her eyes before giving him a look of slight worry.

"How long have you been watching me?" She stands up quickly and looks down at him with a slight scare in her eyes. "Have you been following me?"

He looks at her with slanted eyes and stands up. "Chill, damsel in distress, I'm not a stalker."

The worry fades as she turns and begins walking towards her apartment. "How do I know that?"

He walks close behind her with a smirk. "Because you're smarter than you look."

She stops and turns so she is facing him, she gives him a look of disbelief. "And you're a jerk."

He snickers in amusement. She shakes her head before turning and continuing to walk down the sidewalk. "You know, I'm starting to rethink this whole lets be friends thing."

He smirks and stands in front of her so he's walking backwards. "Aw, come on, just when I was finally starting to warm up to the idea."

"What are you doing here anyways? Why are you creeping around my place of work at eight thirty at night?"

"I wasn't creeping...I was merely pacing."

She looks at him with questioning eyes. "Pacing?"

He stops, forcing her to stop just a few inches in front of him. "Yeah...I was waiting for you to get off work so I could ask you something."

"Like what?"

"Like...if I should go to the dance this weekend."

She gives him a quick scrutinizing look. "You...want to ask me...if you should go to the dance this weekend?"

"Well...yeah. I mean I don't normally go to these types of shindigs but I thought maybe I should just this once. You are the one who brought it to my attention that people at the school were downright freaked out by me. So, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to socialize...you know, show the school I'm only slightly as scary as they think I am." He smirks at Mia.

She continues starring at him in silence with a look of doubt across her face.

"And...I also thought that...you know, if you were going maybe it wouldn't be quiet as horrible as expected."

She snickers and gives him a look of disbelief. "Wow. If that's your way of asking someone to a dance...well, that's just sad." She shakes her head and walks past him.

Logan turns around and yells after her. "You're really going to make me work for this, aren't you?"

She smiles while continuing to walk away from him and yells back. "Good night, Logan!"

He smiles and watches as she continues walking down the sidewalk.