Episode 99

DON'T FORGET TO HIT PLAY! ;)

~ 4 YEARS EARLIER - {4th Year of High School} ~

Mia moves closer to Scarlett in concern, a box labeled First Response in her left hand. "Scar, you know as well as I do that this is a very real possibility. All the signs are there; strange cravings, nausea, peeing every fucking minute." She pauses a moment and softens the tone of her voice. "You need to do this. Just get it over with and throw out even the possibility of it. I promise it will lift a huge weight from your shoulders."

Scarlett quickly turns to Mia with anger filled eyes along with tears that were slowly making their way to the surface. "Just stop! I'm not pregnant! I should have never called you! I was just overreacting. I have the flu or a stomach bug or something and stop talking to me like you know everything! How in the world would you know about any of this, Mia?! You're a virgin, remember?!" Scarlett's eyes widen in pure irritation as her words fly from her mouth, leaving a bitter taste. Mia lowers her head and nods once, wishing that was the truth. All she wanted was for her best friend's statement to be 100% truth but the truth was; Mia wasn't a virgin and it was almost this exact time two years ago that she was the one starring down at that little white box, just praying for a negative sign. Only her circumstances were much worse.

"Yeah, you're right," she lies, "but we both watched a lot of tv, remember?" She smirks and pulls the bag out once again. "Just do it, Scar."

"That's what got me here in the first place." Scarlett jokes and Mia can't help but chuckle at her strange timing. Scarlett stares down at the bag for what seems like centuries before rolling out of bed and snatching the bag from Mia's hand. She makes her way to the bathroom and another century passes before she steps back into her room, the paleness in her face still the same as before.

"Did you do it?" Mia asks after quickly standing from Scarlett's bed.

She nods once and motions into the bathroom. "It's lying on the counter...I can't look."

Mia nods and places her hands on Scarlett's arms, rubbing them comfortingly. "Okay...that's fine. Just take a breath."

She nods and looks Mia straight on with tears now building in her eyes. "What if it's positive?"

"Then we'll figure something out. You will figure something out and you will be fine. You have options, Scar and you have family and friends that love you and will support you through anything. Just focus on what you have and remember that no matter what that test says...you always have me. Always." Mia smiles and takes a gentle grasp on Scarlett's arms before pulling her in for a hug.

"I should probably just get it over with." Scarlett says softly before pulling away from Mia and slowly walking towards the bathroom door, time feeling as if it was standing still. She starred at herself in the mirror and grabbed the small stick lying on the counter. It was right there, the one test that could change her whole life was lying in the palm of her hand and she couldn't bear to look at it. She grasps it tightly and steps back into the room, walking over to Mia and standing in front of her. They both stare at each other for a moment as Scarlett gains the strength from her best friend and slowly lift's the test up to her eyes.

"Hey, Scar?!" Zac pushes open the cracked bedroom door and steps inside, immediately beginning to look around the room. "Do you know where that old Basketball is? Nick's downstairs and I thought we could play some before-" He stops midsentence when he sees his baby sister standing in the middle of her room with a small white stick in the palm of her hand. He can feel his entire facial expression just drop to the ground as he takes a few steps forward.

"It's positive." Scarlett says softly while starring straight at Mia.

Zac can feel his entire face go red as his fists clench tightly at his sides. Scarlett finally pulls herself back to reality and realizes her brother is in the room. She notices the anger surrounding him and immediately steps forward, knowing he was about to go on a rampage. "Zac...don't...."