👶🏻 Fifteen: Heartbeat 👶🏻

The night was cold. Your feet were kept warm by a pair of fluffy socks and a cozy blanket covering your legs as you sat comfortably on the living room couch with a book in your hands. Taking a momentary pause from your reading, you allowed your eyes to fall close as you indulged in the peacefulness of your surroundings. Your son was soundlessly asleep in his room while your husband had yet to return from work. This comfortable quiet atmosphere was a rarity in your house and you savored every second of it.

The windows were closed and you released a content sigh as you listened to the soothing pitter-patter of the rain against the glass. Your eyes slowly fluttered open as you slipped out of your trance and returned to your book. However, before you were even able to finish a sentence, the front door suddenly swung open and came in your husband.

"Osamu," you looked up from your book at your husband who had shut the door. "You're back."

"Yes, and I'm exhausted, (Y/ N)." Dazai sighed tiredly.

Before you could even reply, he suddenly ran towards you and tackled you on the couch. You let out a yelp in surprise and fell back on the couch with your husband above you. Without a word, Dazai buries his head in your chest, rubbing his face against your soft breasts.

"Ah~ So soft~" he sighed in contentment.

"O-Osamu!" you exclaimed, a blush rising to your cheeks. "What are you do-"

"I can hear your heartbeat," he murmured as he rested an ear against your chest. "I can hear your heartbeat, (Y/ N)."

You blinked and glanced down to look at your husband's head of messy brown curls resting against you.

"It's... comforting," he continues, his voice growing softer. "I like listening to your heartbeat, (Y/ N)... I like you, (Y/ N)... I like you a lot."

You couldn't help but crack a smile at the innocence of his words. Lifting a hand, you run your fingers through his thick head of soft curls. "You sound like a little kid."

"Mhmm..." Dazai hummed and tried to bury his face further into your chest.

"But I like you a lot too, Osamu." you replied.

For the rest of the night, the two of you stayed on the couch, simply enjoying the serenity of the rainy night and the comfortable silence of each other's company.