👶🏻 Twelve: Hide & Seek 👶🏻

Silent.

You had to be silent.

You were hiding in the wardrobe in you and your husband's shared bedroom. Your eyes darted towards your son who was wrapped tightly in your arms. Both of your bodies were adjusted into a sitting position with your knees pulled close toward your chests in order to fit inside the narrow wardrobe. You were both in a game of hide and seek with your husband who was currently the seeker.

You suppressed a groan of irritation as the bottom of one of Dazai's coats brushed against the back of your head when you were trying to lean back in an attempt to get into a more comfortable position. You had to constantly remind yourself that you had to remain silent to prevent yourselves from being found.

Your son, Shuuji, looked up at you with his big brown eyes that were partly hidden by his long dark fringe. The little boy tried to push aside his overgrown brown locks so he could see his mother better. Just as he finally succeeded in clearing his sight of his shaggy hair, the creak of your bedroom door was heard. This caused both of you to freeze in place with wide cautious eyes.

Footsteps followed after the creaking and you broke out into cold sweat as they grew louder and louder with each passing second until all of a sudden, it stopped completely. Your breath was caught in your throat as you knew that Dazai was standing right outside of the wardrobe. Shuuji knew too as you could feel his normally hyperactive body stilling in your nervous hold.

You were so certain that the two of you were going get caught and you would lose the game right then and there... but several seconds passed, and your husband still hadn't tried to open the wardrobe. Just as you were starting to get curious, the same footsteps were heard again, except this time, they were growing fainter and fainter. He was leaving!

You almost couldn't believe it, that the two of you still had a chance at winning this game!

Just then, you felt your son's small body struggle in your arms. You glanced down and noticed that he kept crinkling his little button nose. Your eyes went wide and you swiftly pinched his nose before he could let out a sneeze that would expose your hiding spot.

To your luck, the action averted your son's oncoming sneeze. However, moments right after, the wardrobe doors flew open and there stood your husband looking down at both of you with a proud grin.

"Found you!" he exclaimed proudly.

It was at that moment that Shuuji sneezed right in his dad's grinning face. You stared in shock at the abruptness of everything that just happened as your husband cringed in disgust and glared at your son who was rubbing his little nose.

"SHUUJI! YOU ARE GROUNDED, LITTLE MAN!" Dazai exclaimed in annoyance and slight anger, pointing at his son who was still in your arms.

This snapped you out from your daze and you were quickly aware of what was going on. Getting out from the wardrobe and standing tall, you defended your son. "Dazai! You can't ground a toddler!"

"But (Y/ N)! he sneezed on me!" he pouted, still pointing an accusing finger at Shuuji who was watching him with his big brown eyes.

"Stop pointing at him!" you barked, your motherly instinct of protecting your child taking over. "It's rude!"

"But... But (Y/ N)!" your husband whined and stomped his foot as though he was the toddler instead.

You rolled your eyes, deciding you had enough of his childishness and walked past him towards the door. "No."

Dazai's gaze followed you as you stepped out of the room with your son, whom you were still holding, sucking his thumb as though nothing happened.

"(Y/ N)! Where are you going?! Why are you leaving?!" he cried out like a little kid. "He was the one who sneezed on me! That was disrespectful behavior! Are you really going to let the real culprit get away with his crimes?!"

Letting out a sigh as you rolled your eyes again. "Stop making this seem like an episode of CSI and acting like a child, Dazai." you said to him as you made your way towards Shuuji's bedroom.

"But (Y/ N)!" Dazai continued to groan in dissatisfaction as he came out of your shared bedroom. "This isn't fair!"

"Keep this up and we won't have sex for the rest of the week." you threatened as you entered your Shuuji's room.

Right after those words left your lips, your husband fell completely silent and that was when you knew that you've won. You couldn't help as a smile crept onto your lips at the mini victory as you closed the door to your son's bedroom.